Manager, Digital CommunicationRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10534 Apply
As an essential member of the high-performing Global Public Affairs & Communications team, the Digital Communications Manager supports the Global Corporate Public Affairs & Internal
Communications team. The role has primary responsibility and oversight in the development and implementation of digital communication strategy to promote SC Johnson's corporate reputation and Global Brands.
- The Manager's primary role is responsibility for ongoing governance of overall Global Brand digital PR engagement strategy and initiatives. Manager will review programs to ensure consistency with SC Johnson's values, brand and strategic business plan. Oversee development and execution of Global Corporate digital strategy for external-facing programs.
- Provide strategic counsel within annual Brand digital planning process
- Actively engage in the monitoring and management of the social media platform, including development of listening, reporting and engagement policies.
- Lead management of social media issues on Brand Facebook/Twitter/lnstagram pages where there is a reputation risk. Maintain ownership of social media protocol. Update materials annually and train Agency social media community managers on established social media protocol designed to ensure corporate reputation is considered during each and every social media interaction.
- Liaise with Brand digital leads and agency social media community managers to align on issues protocol and compliance with corporate guidelines
- Manage ROI and tracking tools for Brand PR efforts. Knowledge of testing methodologies, channel strategy, marketing metrics, search, web technologies, digital analytical tools
- Provide monthly update on site analytics and tactical program
- Liaise with Brand on key external-facing activities/events with digital execution, i.e. real-time, new social media activations, real-time marketing opportunities, etc.
- Provide crisis support on crisis management needs related to brand efficacy, as appropriate
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal cross-functional partners including Marketing, IT, Global Communications, Legal and Agency partners
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through personal training and development
- Engage and perform duties for special Corporate Reputation Initiatives and Brand PR projects as assigned
- Supports Director of Communications
Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills — working knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Exceptional tolerance to stress, ability to function effectively in a demanding, fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Knowledge of graphic design and production
- In-depth knowledge of social media
- Have a thorough understand of corporate communications and public relations experience in integrating online plans
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills
- Experienced in dealing with top-tier media
- Able to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholder
- Possesses advanced computer skills
- Experience, knowledge of online/social media
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time
- High level of professional integrity and discretion
Education and Additional Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in at least one of the followinq areas: business, information technology, integrated communications, marketing, public relations, marketing, communications, or related field degree a plus
- Minimum of seven years communication experience in corporate, PR agency or consulting
- Experience in corporate, digital, social media, marketing or public relations environment that includes direct responsibility for web and social media strategy development and execution strategies
- Previous global and/or consumer products desired
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.