Manager, Corporate CommunicationsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12989 Apply
The Communications Manager must be an excellent communicator – verbally, visually and in writing – a source of creative ideas, and be knowledgeable about internal communication platforms and the social media landscape. The ideal candidate is strategic and creative, works well both in a collaborative setting and individually, quickly establishes credibility, accepts new challenges, embraces processes and deadlines, and can successfully work through ambiguity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The role will have primary accountability for supporting a variety of global employee communications initiatives and projects.
- The key focus will be on internal communication including but not limited to advising, planning, writing, editing, event management and other related work in support of leadership communications.
- Create unique campaigns designed to engage employees and uphold SC Johnson’s culture.
- Develop content for presentations, speeches and written communications for all levels of the organization.
- Produce and manage detailed project execution plans for employee events and communication programs.
- Ideate highly creative, innovative ideas for employee events and programs.
- Curate content, including news articles and photography, for employee intranet.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree is in communications, public relations, business or related field of study.
- Minimum of 7 years of related communication and/or writing experience.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong experience with significant communication and writing responsibility in a global corporate or agency setting – including working with senior leadership.
- Possess strong business acumen, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to curate compelling content.
- Able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization and create a tailored approach to reach various audiences.
- Combined thinker and doer who can pivot their skills and attention to multiple projects and maintain high-caliber results.
- The ability to lead from an individual contributor role while integrated into the broader Global Communications team is important.
- Strong professional presence and the ability to partner and manage effectively at all levels are critical in this role.
- Good sense of judgment and discretion in the face of challenging or sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated track record of success delivering results and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to leverage working knowledge of technology platforms, evolving communication channels, and social media tools.
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, and concurrently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
- Creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Willingness and familiarity working in an environment that requires flexibility and change.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office suite), with expertise in PowerPoint.
- Experience with SharePoint preferred.
- Previous global and/or consumer products experience desired.
- Able to travel 10-15% of time.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.