Associate, Lab EngineerAmsterdam, Netherlands Job ID 24798 Apply
Role: Associate, Lab Engineer
Location: Mijdrecht, Netherlands
- Conduct different tests, sample preparation and scale ups, supporting the RD&E and PCM team
- Arrangement, follow-up and completion of laboratories and pilot plant test equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Liaise with Global Lab & Test Method team to make sure smooth implementation of global standard test methods and regional test needs fulfillment.
- Conduct & Report Global Test Methods for RD&E teams & projects in EMEA region (include different packaging formats such as aerosol, plastic bottle, membranes, etc. as well as physico-chemical properties such as pH, viscosity, cloud point, foam height, acid number, etc. and analytical chemistry methods such as HPLC, GC, AA, etc.).
- Support sample preparation and scale-up for testing and GLP for RD&E teams & projects in EMEA region
- Build Mijdrecht laboratories and pilot plant lab capability (facility & equipment, process, training, stock of scientific supplies, procedures, technical work instructions, etc.);
- Full collaboration with safety committee to ensure safety standards and 5S in labs and pilot plant
- Support Administration processes (supplies, purchase orders)
Experience you’ll bring:
- At least 1 year job experience in a similar role, with specific experience performing HPLC, GC, AA, etc
- HBO/WO degree in Chemistry, laboratory studies or similar
- Analytical skills
- Fluent English
Behaviors you’ll need:
- Ability to effectively communicate results, issues, new local implemented equipment and new approaches to the regional team.
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external cross-functional team members in a cooperative environment.
- Able to build strong working relationships with remote teams
What’s in it for you?
We offer an excellent opportunity for career development and progression, a highly collaborative work environment and an autonomous and flexible working culture where you will be able to add value and be recognized and rewarded.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
You need to be eligible to work in the country of application.
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member.
Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands.
GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™