Associate Laboratory EngineerAmsterdam, Netherlands Job ID 16971 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunity for an Associate Laboratory Engineer based in Mijdrecht - Netherlands.
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Associate, Development Engineering Process - Mijdrecht.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
In this role you'll be conducting different tests, preparing samples and scale ups, supporting the RD&E and PCM team. As well as this you'll be arranging follow-up and completion of laboratories and pilot plant test equipment maintenance and calibration.
You'll liaise with Global Lab & Test Method team, to make sure smooth implementation of global standard test methods and regional test needs fulfillment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct & Report Global Test Methods for RD&E teams & projects in EMEA region (include different packaging formats such as aerosol, plastic bottle, membranes, etc. as well as physico-chemical properties such as pH, viscosity, cloud point, foam height, acid number, etc. and analytical chemistry methods such as HPLC, GC, AA, etc.).
- Support sample preparation and scale-up for testing and GLP for RD&E teams & projects in EMEA region
- Build Mijdrecht laboratories and pilot plant lab capability (facility & equipment, process, training, stock of scientific supplies, procedures, technical work instructions, etc.);
- Full collaboration with safety committee to ensure safety standards and 5S in labs and pilot plant
- Support Administration processes (supplies, purchase orders)
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- At least 1 year job experience in a similar role, with specific experience performing HPLC, GC, AA, etc – in case of HBO/WO degree
- Multiple years (>5 years) job experience in similar role with proven track record – in case HBO/WO degree is not available
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- HBO/WO degree in Chemistry, laboratory studies or similar
- Communication – Ability to effectively communicate results, issues, new local implemented equipment and new approaches to the regional team.
- Methodic, detailed-oriented with analytical skills.
- Exhibits excellent organizational, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork – Ability to work effectively with internal and external cross-functional team members in a cooperative environment. Able to build strong working relationships with remote teams
- Capable of working across multiple cultures
- Sense of Urgency – A person who takes prompt action to accomplish goals; proactively attempts to influence events rather than passively accept outcomes.