Associate Manager, Statutory TaxAmsterdam, Netherlands Job ID 14647 Apply
Reporting to the Manager, International Tax and Statutory Accounting (MITSA), the purpose of this function is to manage the statutory, insurance and tax obligations of all Dutch entities (S.C.Johnson Europe B.V., S.C. Johnson Europlant B.V., SCJ NL Holdings B.V., S.C. Johnson Netherlands Coöperatief U.A. and S.C. Johnson Netherlands II Coöperatief U.A.) ensuring that all financial transactions, systems and procedures comply with regulations, accounting principles and standards.
Prepare the organisations Financial Statutory reports and present findings and recommendations to senior management where required.
Advise senior management on financial matters and the potential impact of current and future laws and regulations on the operation of the organisation. In addition this role involves taking a role in the management of various other financial activities like SSC projects / responsibilities, supporting other TSA members within Europe.
- Timely preparation of year-end tax schedules, by completing/adjusting the Global Tax system according the year-end timetable.
- Manage the day to day financial activities to maintain control over transactions and reporting, complying with GAAP, legal and SOAR requirements.
- Perform the budgeting and forecasting role for all Dutch entities, except S.C. Johnson Europlant B.V.
- In conjunction with the European Shared Service Centre maintain financial statements and underlying records, which adequately reflect all transactions in accordance with S.C. Johnson, fiscal and statutory accounting policies/requirements, handling queries and matters raised by external and internal auditors, as well as by the tax authorities. Including responsibility for Tax entries being accurate at month and year end.
- Coordinate the assembly of data by the SSC to be provided to governments for statistical reporting and Central Bank reporting.
- Ensure timely preparation and filing of all statutory reporting requirements and tax returns for the Dutch entities to ensure external parties can prepare timely and proper support in the (statutory) reporting requirements and tax returns as agreed with them via engagement letters and liaise with Regional SSC and MITSA.
- In collaboration with internal audit, monitor control systems which safeguard the company’s assets and financial condition, in line with S.C. Johnson’s policies and procedures.
- Identify improvements in business processes or make recommendations to drive cost savings and tax efficiencies.
- Assist MITSA in compiling responses related to “tax provision” work and to governments in case of audits.
- Act as contact person for all Dutch entities on Corporate Insurance matters.
- Local point of contact and coordinator for all regulatory, statutory and tax enquiries.
- Certified Accountant/Financial Qualification / University Level - experience of Statutory reporting
- Ability to learn internal financial systems, organization and data source necessary to answer full range of financial statement questions.
- Experience in statutory and tax compliance including Corporation Tax.
- Excellent communication skills and establish trusted relationships with the MITSA, Regional SSC, Corporate Tax, Insurance, and appropriate statutory and tax external companies.
- Demonstrated ability to judge organisational dynamics (who needs to be informed, who had vested interests, which external parties should be involved).
- Desired knowledge of Treasury related processes
- Able to work autonomously and a good team player.