Packaging Development EngineerAmsterdam, Netherlands Job ID 20715 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunity for a Packaging Development Engineer based in Mijdrecht, Netherlands.
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Associate, Packaging Engineering.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
Do you enjoy a good challenge and working in a fast-paced environment where you get to work with a regional team in one of the company’s largest manufacturing site globally?
Then you should consider joining SC Johnson in Netherlands as Packaging Development Engineer!
Reporting to the R&D Manager, you will be responsible for managing the change in product date and supporting with some lab testing as well as joining very interesting projects!
Based in Mijdrecht, Netherlands you’ll be working in one of the most important plants for SCJ in Europe. We can offer you a competitive salary plus profit share and benefits that care about the well-being of our people: travel allowance, collective discount on Dutch health insurance, additional Cafeteria model (you can choose between a lump sum payment per year or extra days for your holidays), etc. The facilities in Mijdrecht include free parking, canteen, tennis court, game room and lots of local events are organized to share the team spirit among our people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Growth is a Team Sport
Collaborate with different partners co-located or virtually to ensure packaging development consistency
1. Drive packaging development, execution and implementation by being responsible for:
- Ensuring packaging is manufacturable; drive scaling up and ensure proper selection of right equipment
- The packaging and assembly instructions are developed/adapted to the related manufacturing site and can effectively produce the product that was designed.
- Solving day to day issues in case of out of spec; ensure full root cause analysis is conducted
- Ensuring all aspects (from tolerances to packaging specs to methods) are applicable to the man site
- Being point of contact for first evaluation of 2nd suppliers following OTTW process for final approval
2. Be the Liaison with Category RD&E Packaging/Platform experts to ensure no hiccups are encountered during execution for packaging side
3. Cooperate with Processing Engineers/Marketing/Project Managers for R252 completion
4. Ensure full spec review with Q and Engineering when it comes to packaging
5. Define key success criteria for testing related to packaging (TSLT/PPV/PLQ)
Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness
Prioritize the needed work and flex where needed.
Demonstrate behaviors that reflect SCJ Success Drivers and establish a “Mindset to Win” Culture across team. Cross-functional functional skills, including effective communication, integrated risk management, project management, quality & robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor and technical curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering or science - Industrial Technology, Chemical Engineering with Packaging Engineer Program, Material Science
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in a role of packaging engineer, component design, materials or similar
- Started showing ability lead and influence peers in multiple running projects
- Exhibits excellent organizational, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in production environment is plus
- Started showing ability to tailor communication (e.g. content, style and medium) to connect with diverse audience ranging from local / regional management to key stakeholders
- Decision maker for problems up to a medium grade of complexity
You need to be eligible to work in the country of application