Process Development EngineerAmsterdam, Netherlands Job ID 20713 Apply
SC Johnson is currently looking for a Process Development Engineering based in our plant in Mijdrecht, Netherlands.
Internally name of the position is Associate, Processing Development Engineering.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
The role is part of SC Johnson’s Europlant Manufacturing site and works closely with the process engineers in the manufacturing side as well as you will be the point of contact between the formulator and the manufacturing site/s for all formula and processing related topics. You will deal also with many interesting projects.
SC Johnson Europlant is the second manufacturing site in the EMEA region producing our iconic products; Duck, Mr. Muscle, Off, Raid, Oust, Pledge and Glade. Europlant is home to almost 300 colleagues, we are a multicultural team with diverse backgrounds and languages, including Dutch, English, French Arabic and Turkish to name a few! SCJ Europlant has a strong culture and team spirit and we often come together to celebrate team achievements and accolades.
Growth is a Team Sport
- Collaborate with different partners co-located or virtually to ensure process consistency.
- Drive formula execution and implementation by being responsible for:
- Ensuring the formula is manufacturable; drive scaling up and ensure proper selection of right equipment
- Ensuring the process instructions (including storage/cleaning/filling) are developed/adapted to the related manufacturing site and can effectively produce the product that was designed.
- Solving day to day issues in case of out of spec; ensure full root cause analysis is conducted
- Ensuring all aspects (from tolerances to QA specs to methods) are applicable to the man site)
- Be the Liaison with Category RD&E formulators/Platform and GSARA experts to ensure no hiccups are encountered during execution for formula side
- Cooperate with Packaging Engineers/Marketing/Project Managers for R252 completion
- Ensure full spec review with Q and Engineering when it comes to formula
- Define key success criteria for testing related to formula (TSLT/PPV/PLQ)
Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Prioritize the needed work and flex where needed
- Might act as project manager for simpler projects
- Demonstrate behaviors that reflect SCJ Success Drivers and establish a “Mindset to Win” Culture across team
- Cross-functional functional skills, including effective communication, , integrated risk management, project management, quality & robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor and technical curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering or science - Industrial Technology, Chemical Engineering with Process Engineer Program, Chemistry
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a role of processing engineer, component design, materials or similar
- Proven ability to lead and influence peers in multiple running projects
- Experience in FMCG a plus
- Exhibits excellent organizational, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in production and processing environments
- Ability to tailor communication (e.g. content, style and medium) to connect with diverse audience ranging from local / regional management to key stakeholders
- Ability to handle and manage projects up to medium complexity
- High proficiency in English, both written and oral
You need to be eligible to work in the country of application.