Processing EngineerAmsterdam, Netherlands Job ID 17610 Apply
SC Johnson is currently looking for a Processing Engineer based in our plant in Mijdrecht.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
The role is part of SC Johnson’s Europlant Manufacturing site and works closely with the process engineers in the manufacturing side as well as being responsible for executing commercialization projects to drive profitable growth as an extension of our RD&E-Racine, US team for the EMEA Region.
You'll also be responsible for delivering early input for innovation projects to accelerate global commercialization and executing tactical & strategic projects to sustain the business within the region.
SC Johnson Europlant is the second manufacturing site in the EMEA region producing our iconic products; Duck, Mr. Muscle, Off, Raid, Oust, Pledge and Glade. Europlant is home to almost 300 colleagues, we are a multicultural team with diverse backgrounds and languages, including Dutch, English, French Arabic and Turkish to name a few! SCJ Europlant has a strong culture and team spirit and we often come together to celebrate team achievements and accolades.
- Support formula development and qualification using our end-to-end innovation process
- Provide early input about regional capabilities to support an efficient end to end innovation process
- Implementation and development support of process, storage, filling and cleaning instructions
- Evaluates and approve raw materials (including also 2nd sources) localizing the core RD&E requirements to local/regional needs
- Production of the required products and samples for Marketing/Trade and compatibility testing
- Evaluation on new contractors' ability to produce SCJ formula up to SCJ standards
- Ensure that raw materials/formulations are conform with local legislations/directives and SCJ corporate standards including Product Safety Regulatory Environmental requirements (PSRE)
- Qualify developed methods/instructions in Manufacturing by attending the execution of required trials and support Manufacturing in Production Line Qualifications (PLQ)
- Support emergency supply issues for SCJ manufacturing sites (8 EMEA) and/or contractors (60+plus) when RD&E resources are required
- Additional roles
- Team member for roll out of new and existing products across all categories (Air Care, Home Cleaning, Pest Control and Shoe Care);
- GCE EMEA representative in local/regional meetings
- May/will act as a consultant to classify products on their chemical/physical properties for the transport legislations
- May/will be a Quality Procedure owner for relevant internal GCE/GVE EMEA processes
- May/will be an Internal Auditor for GCE/GVM EMEA Quality System
Required Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of Bachelor’s or Science degree in Industrial Technology, Chemical Engineering with Process Engineer Program, Chemistry
- Processing/R&D internship or processing background of 0-3 years
- International experience and exposure a plus
- Experience in FMCG a plus
- High proficiency in English, both written and oral
- Great communication skills – ability to effectively communicate new ideas and approaches to audiences ranging from local / regional management to key stakeholders.
- Team player
- Personal Ownership
- Computer skills
- Ability to lead change
You need to be eligible to work in the country of application.