Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and AnalysisAmsterdam, Netherlands Job ID 11848 Apply
The role is part of SC Johnson’s global Manufacturing Finance support organization.
This position is responsible for monthly P&L analysis and reporting, support in budgeting, forecasting of plant expenses and related absorption and capacity analysis. Perform thorough diagnostics and monitoring to assist Europlant site in determining where the financial losses are and part of the Focus and Improvement Pillar to eliminate the key losses. The role will have strong interfaces with other GPS Finance teams based across multiple locations in the EMEA Region, and the regional Costing Team based in Italy.
- Drive month-end close analysis and reporting activities: Analyse monthly financial performance of the manufacturing site, with a particular focus on volumes produced, conversion cost incurred, and cost savings delivered.
- Provide timely, relevant, and actionable reporting of key performance measures. Prepare monthly business commentaries.
- Support Budgeting/forecasting preparations. Ensure they are timely and accurately compiled in financial reporting system.
- Support Inventory Stock count process and prepare Balance Sheet accounts reconciliation for Global Product Supply owned G/L accounts
- Ensuring obsolete inventory provision and write offs are provided for timely.
- Provide Financial support on Improvement/Cost Saving Projects in the Focus and Improvement Pillar.
- Provide effective support to the other cross functional teams as well as process efficiency.
- Support the resolution of a wide range of day-to-day challenges arising in a fast-paced and very dynamic business and company environment.
- Support role for manufacturing variance, liaising with SSC and Quality department
- Regular contact with SSC regarding accounting queries and process improvements.
- Apply for and register subsidies and grants and company related insurances
- Financial Review on New Vendor Master Data.
- Support on financial training to cross functional teams.
- Support SOP Forecasting cycles and other major SCJ planning cycles.
DESIRED SKILL REQUIREMENTS/ EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES:
- University Master Degree (or in the final phase before graduation) in Economics, Finance or Business Management, some business experience is preferred.
- Prior business support experience is essential.
- Prior experience in a mass-market production focussed manufacturing facility is a plus, though not essentially required.
- Solid accountancy understanding (incl. previous exposure to US GAAP).
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to be involved in financial details, yet able to take a broader view of business issues.
- Demonstrated experience with working within a cross-functional teams.
- Fluency in English and local languages.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel + Powerpoint required; MS Access, SAP ERP, SAP BPC are an additional benefit.
- Self-motivated “can do” attitude, showing a high degree of autonomy.
- Excellent team player – collaborative work style.
- Sense of urgency: Ability to deliver against deadlines in the context of multiple priorities.
- Strong commitment and high level of integrity.