Shift Manufacturing LeadAmsterdam, Netherlands Job ID 18504 Apply
SC Johnson is currently looking for a Shift Manufacturing Lead based in our manufacturing plant in Mijdrecht.
Internally the position is called Senior Associate, Production.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
A “Shift Manufacturing Lead” is a front-line leader in Operations. This position oversees all activities of a work group during a (typical 8-hour) work shift. The purpose of the role is to assist the management of the Operations Department to ensure that the area/ shift is run in the most cost effective and efficient manner, agreeing production-, staffing schedules, liaising other related Management within the business, and ensuring all Safety, Quality and housekeeping (5S) standards are being complied with. In this role you will have an End-to-End responsibility for all activities within the area/shift the person is leading.
- Lead and manage one of the Operations Areas (Processing or Filling) organization to continually build and develop skills and capabilities to maximize equipment reliability and people excellence.
- Manpower planning; accountable for appropriate people planning, permanent & casual workers.
- Responsible to deploy the production plan in close cooperation with the Planning department.
- Filling area owner, ensuring full compliance to SHE and regulatory requirements (i.e. BRZO, ISO standards).
- Work to develop the departments’ culture and morale through an effective Performance Management Process.
- Ensure that the team is skilled and works according the defined standards of performance and behavior.
- Measure and record the area/shift performance taking appropriate actions where necessary through an effective Daily Management System (DMS 1 & 2).
- Selection and execution of LEAN/TPM tools driving productivity improvements and/or production cost reductions together with the Operators. Member of the Training & Development Pillar.
- Document control; owner of all documents owned by the Filling Area. (OPL, SOP, Training)
- Responsible to coordinate and action AM & PM related tasks.
- Back-up for Operations Manager or Operations Lead.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- Education: HBO or academic education, Logistics/ (Technical) Business Administration/ Engineering
- Strong people management skills; able to connect, motivate and change behavior
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills to be used with cross-functional-, and external stakeholders
- Well-developed leadership skills; must possess the ability to influence decisions based on providing appropriate fact-based rationale
- Ability to address multiple tasks and handle accordingly
- Effective communication in English and Dutch, both verbal and in writing.
- Willingness and ability to work in shifts
You need to be eligible to work in a country of application.