Associate Manager, Logistics TransportationArese, Italy Job ID 20899 Apply
This position reporting to the EMEA Logistics Director will be responsible for warehousing and secondary freight operations within Italy, Greece, Romania and the Adriatic region. This role owns the relationship with the logistics service providers ensuring they deliver the agreed service levels at optimal cost. The role owns the SF&ODE budget and service targets for its country group. The scope of the role includes inventory management and accuracy throughout the network. This role enables the collaboration across product supply and the commercial teams. The role owns major project execution in its cluster. The role is part of the EMEA Logistics Leadership Team.
- Deliver warehousing & transportation budget and service KPIs for GCB. Full year budget of $xMM.
- Deliver cost savings through sustainable continuous improvement and ongoing challenge of the logistics cost base
- Manage the warehouse and transport LSPs’ performance reviews, close the loop and improvement plans
- Support cross-functional Cost to Serve improvement initiatives for the country group
- Manage warehousing and transport capacity and mitigation risk plans
- Drive inventory management (accuracy, stock take, quality, expire date, DG, compliance, obsolete, returns) to meet country group targets and SCJ standards
- Ensure all logistics hub operations are operated in full compliance to all relevant SCJ and country legal standards regarding health and safety, environmental, dangerous goods management, transport, GEN24 and import / export regulations
- Influence demand & supply planning, customer supply chain, customer fulfillment, our logistics service provider to continuously improve logistics service & cost
- Own major change projects for the country group
- Work alongside logistics procurement to tender, negotiate & award contracts for logistics services
- Lead, coach, and develop 1 direct report
• Ability to influence people at all levels both internally & externally
• Self-motivation & drive for results in what can often be a complex and demanding environment
• Drive for continuous improvement
• Strong analytic skills including the ability to powerfully portray data and drive continuous improvement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor degree or greater – preferably in an engineering or a supply chain discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ operational experience in Logistics or Supply chain (warehousing, transportation or managing 3PL/4PL providers)
- Business competence in local and English languages
- Demonstrated vendor management experience and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated LEAN practices, LEAN Champion certification is an advantage