Associate Manager, Procurement – Mold ManagementArese, Italy Job ID 19272 Apply
SC Johnson is currently looking for an Associate Manager, Procurement - Mold Management based in our office in Arese, Italy.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
In this position you will be accountable for leading the creation of the annual Global Mold Budgeting Process – coordinating all other Regions beyond EMEA; interacting with cross-functional stakeholders, including but not limited to Global Procurement, Global Mold Engineering Manager, Regional Finance Sr. Directors and Global Supply Chain/ Procurement Finance Sr. Directors to ensure the inclusion of given Budget within the annual Global Capital Budget and country specific/ regional P&Ls.
You will be responsible for multiple Global Program Mold Negotiations (both involving NPDs and Red-El projects) on an annual basis involving multiple million dollars each, negotiating on behalf of SCJ. Executive presence is a must given that negotiations involve Heads of Sales/ Owners of Mold Making Companies across the Globe.
You will be an owner of the Strategic Relationship with Mold Makers, making SCJ a preferred customer, pushing for Innovation in mold making technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Global Mold RFPs for NPD and Red-El programs
- Ensure appropriate assessment of supplier technical capability, capacity, and cost
- Partner with cross functional team such as R&D, Mold Engineering and regional rigid plastics leads on alignment of awards
- Lead negotiations to ensure commercial agreements deliver business requirements.
- Provide delivered proxy costs / cost estimates to project teams based on volumes and delivery locations to molding partners
- Expected mold spend $80-$100MM across Red El/NPD projects
- Lead mold budgeting from all regions and manage ~$7-8MM annual spend for maintenance on existing molds
- Lead work on incorporation of eFAT metrics into monthly compliance metrics and SRM
- Manage improvements to the eFAT system
- Manage global key mold suppliers’ relationships to ensure best-class customer service
- Manage communication to stakeholders of mold strategy and current conditions
- Assist the portfolio Director/Manager to develop/execute mold management strategy in support of Procurement’s functional goals, including Cost, Cash, Redundancy Elimination, and Supplier Reduction
- Travel might be required according to business needs
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 2.5+ Years in Procurement Function, with Negotiation experience and knowledge of industry, economic and cost factors that drive mold pricing.
- Education: BS Engineering, Science or Business.
- Technical knowledge of molds – both blow molds & injection molds.
- Proven Project Management Experience.
- Experience leading the procurement Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
- Demonstrated broad based, multi-disciplined management success. Must be capable of assessing and effecting decisions that support Mold Management team goals.
- Leadership, sound judgment, and problem-solving skills are essential. Must have a proven track record of achieving results in a cross functional environment.
- Well-developed business and financial acumen and a keen understanding of how business and sourcing decisions impact financials (P&L, Balance Sheet). This includes a good understanding of financial cost drivers in the end-to-end supply chain.
- Strong communication and networking skills, strategic thinking, leadership, influencing skills, and problem solving.
- Track record of identifying, developing and executing change / process improvement initiatives, including excellent project management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate and formally present across all levels both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to lead and build relationships across functions at all levels, within SCJ and externally.
You need to be eligible to work in the country of application.