Associate Manager, Project Management, Commercialization - (R&D Project Manager)Arese, Italy Job ID 20816 Apply
SC Johnson is currently looking for an Associate Manager, Project Management based in our office in Arese.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
In this position you will be responsible for leading both regional and global projects as well as cross functional project teams in Late Development, Commercialization, Launch, and Post Launch Phases to ensure that Project Schedule, Cost, Capital, Quality, and Customer Service objectives are met.
In 2021, SC Johnson Italy has been recognized for the sixteenth time as Best Workplace by Great Place to Work® and was also recognized as Best Workplace for Women!
Based in Arese - Milan, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share as well as smart working. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include medical cover, life insurance, subsidy canteen and SCJ Holiday program. The facilities in Arese include swimming pool, tennis court, games room and free parking.
The most important tasks:
Manage multiple, simultaneous projects, with simple to moderate supply chain and technical complexity (i.e. – multiple key manufacturing sites per project with varying technologies and sourcing to both domestic and export locations):
- Manage project scope
- Develop and manage detailed project schedule to meet launch commitments in each country defined in project scope
- Risk identification / mitigation plans to achieve project objectives
- Successfully manage projects according to SCJ processes and best practices
- Assure all appropriate cross-functional Subject Matter Experts are engaged to deliver key sub-processes and milestones required for the project, with particular focus on meeting Cost of Sales, Capital, Quality and Customer Service metrics for the project – including First Arrival date and Case Fill Rates
- Track project progress against deliverables/milestones, issue status reports, and escalate breakdowns and issues as necessary
- Maintain Project Documentation (Master Data in PWA, MS Project Timeline, StageGate Documents, Risk Register, Issue Log, OneNote, Close Out Report, etc.)
- Manage communication plan internal to team and external to team (Stakeholders, Sponsors, and Executives)
If needed, following tasks and projects might be temporarily assigned to an employee:
- Work together and drive discussions with other colleagues within CoP for Project Managers (CoP = Committee of Practice)
- Participate and occasionally lead improvement initiatives within project management tools and processes
- Onboard team members who are new to the role and/or new to the company
- Teach more junior Technical Services team members and Project Managers on best practices, process, and team leadership within project management
- Facilitate x-functional meetings related to the project management and portfolio processes like Regional OTV, Regional Stage Gate, Regional Technical Review, etc,.)
- Provide input to global processes like IGP (integrated Growth Plan, etc.)
- BS or BA technical/business degree
- Previous project management experience required, preferably in manufacturing, or purchasing / planning / distribution
- Experience in new product launches, contract manufacturing and financial analysis as it relates to operations preferred
- Experience to interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation
- Project Management (PMI) or Supply Chain (APICS) certification would be a competitive advantage
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills - ability to motivate non-direct reports; keep teams working well together
- Ability to work with MS Project or similar project management tool to manage project timeline
- Strategic thinking
- High degree of initiative and excellent problem-solving skills
- Negotiating and Influencing skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, especially across countries
- Fluency in English language, both verbal and written
You need to be eligible to work in the country of application.