Regional Procurement Manager - Europe Logistics and Supply ChainArese, Italy Job ID 12143 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunity for a Regional Procurement Manager - Europe Logistics and Supply Chain – Arese, Milan, IT
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Procurement Manager (Arese, Milan, IT)
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Reporting to the Director Procurement – Global Logistics & Supply Chain and CAPEX, you will be accountable for the Regional Procurement management of the Logistics and Supply Chain category for the European region. You will be responsible for all aspects of the regional spend for the category including leading and executing all competitive events and leading the regional execution of all Global Strategies for the category.
By leading the strategy alignment for the category, you will develop a deep level of understanding of the regional supply base and develop and lead the regional strategy, as well as regional execution to drive cost, innovation, risk management and other value-added elements of supplier relationships. You will manage and develop strategic regional supplier alliances with a select group of suppliers to assure a preferred status in the presentation of new technologies and opportunities, while creating an advantaged cost position for the region.
You will work in partnership with the regional Supply Chain organization to ensure contingency plans exist, an understanding of alternate supply sources is developed, and a balanced risk approach to business awards is achieved to maintain a healthy level of mutual importance with the supplier, and minimize instances of sole sourcing or where the company represents more than 50% of supplier’s revenue.
If you like to work in a multicultural, FMCG organization and are passionate about Procurement and Supply Chain, we’d like to hear from you!
Based in Arese, Milan, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include games room, swimming pool, tennis court, subsidized canteen as well as free parking on-site.
- Assist with development and implementation of Global Logistics and Supply Chain Procurement strategies and lead cross functional regional teams to unlock cost savings (and mitigate inflation) value, mitigate risk, and contribute to increased Delivered Profit and Operating Profit (DP and OP).
- Own and lead the regional execution of procurement strategies. Lead through a matrix structure the relevant regional organizations to ensure execution and flawless delivery of the strategies
- Demonstrate a high-level depth of understanding of the regional supply market for the spend and is the subject matter expert for cross functional stakeholders
- Own and maintain the detailed cost build up (own development of clean sheet and Total Cost of Ownership tools) and drivers for the regional spend to enable fact-based negotiations
- Leverage regional and global sources of supply to create credible competition, flexibility and best cost position
- Lead the negotiation strategy development and execution for the regional spend. Align with the global contract strategy for the spend
- Accountable for regional delivery of the spend category cost saving and progress against strategy
- Is the point of accountability with senior business and functional stakeholders for the execution of the regional strategy and results delivery for the regional spend
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in an Engineering, Business or Supply Chain discipline
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Procurement Portfolio/Category Management preferred. Will be considered a competitive advantage at least 5 years of relevant business experience in Logistics and Supply Chain in a regional role with strong cross-cultural awareness and leadership capability
- Procurement skills in key tools such as market analysis, negotiation, clean sheets and total cost of ownership as well as the ability to develop regional business cases and strategic business plans
- Fluency in English. Italian is considered a plus
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization internally and externally with a proven track record of cross functional collaboration in a matrix organization
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Independent, self-motivated and possess a positive attitude, operating well in a team environment that is focused on collaboration and accountability
- Demonstrated skills (at regional level) including organizational communication and networking ability, strategic thinking, leadership, strong influencing skills, high level communication, negotiations, and problem solving
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.