Project ManagerArese, Italy Job ID 11384 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunity for a Project Manager – Arese, Milan, IT
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Senior Associate Project Management (Arese, Milan, IT)
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Reporting to the EMEA Regional Manager R&D, you will be leading global or regional projects that are product focused on one category of business and you will ensure project schedule, cost, capital, quality, and customer service objectives are met.
Global Projects can be on late development, commercialization, launch or post launch phases. If the project is on early development, you will lead a regional cross functional team in order to provide input to the global team on regional requirements. Also, you will lead communication back to the Global Project Manager and support and facilitate Global to Regional Hand off. For Regional Projects you will lead regional cross functional project teams through project management end to end stages.
If you like to work in a multicultural, FMCG organization and are passionate about Project Management, we’d like to hear from you!
Based in Arese, Milan, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include games room, swimming pool, tennis court, subsidized canteen as well as free parking on-site.
Manages multiple, simultaneous projects, with simple to moderate supply chain and technical complexity (i.e. – multiple key manufacturing sites per project with varying technologies and sourcing to both domestic and export locations):
- Manage project scope
- Develop and manage detailed project schedule to meet launch commitments in each country defined in project scope
- Risk identification / mitigation plans to achieve project objectives
- Successfully manage projects according to SCJ processes and best practices
- Assure all appropriate cross-functional Subject Matter Experts are engaged to deliver key sub-processes and milestones required for the project, with particular focus on meeting Cost of Sales, Capital, Quality and Customer Service metrics for the project – including First Arrival date and Case Fill Rates.
- Track project progress against deliverables/milestones, issue status reports, and escalate breakdowns and issues as necessary
- Maintain Project Documentation (Master Data in PWA, MS Project Timeline, StageGate Documents, Risk Register, Issue Log, OneNote, Close Out Report, etc.)
- Manage communication plan internal to team and external to team (Stakeholders, Sponsors, and Executives)
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in an Engineering or Business discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with at least 1-2 years of project management experience: Previous project management experience required, preferably in manufacturing, or purchasing / planning / distribution. Experience in new product launches, contract manufacturing and financial analysis as it relates to operations preferred. Experience to interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation.
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills: Ability to motivate non-direct reports; keep teams working well together. Operate in complex, non-structured environment. Clear and concise communication skills orchestrate effective meetings. Ability to work with MS Project or similar project management tool to manage project timeline.
- Fluency in English and Italian is considered a plus
- Project Management (PMI) or Supply Chain (APICS) certification preferred
- Key Attributes: Creativity; Adaptability; Persuasiveness; Perseverance; Strategic thinking; High degree of initiative and excellent problem-solving skills; Cross-cultural, global perspective; Negotiating and Influencing skills; Strong communication and collaboration skills, especially across countries.
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application