Senior Analyst - Engineering - ItalyArese, Italy Job ID 901 Apply
SC Johnson has a new opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer - External Manufacturing based inArese, Italy.
The internal job title at SC Johnson is Senior Analyst - Engineering – Italy.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson, a family company for the last 130 years, is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. We employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. SCJ’s product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®,Mr.Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
As Senior Process Engineer - External Manufacturing, you’ll report to the Global Engineering External Manufacturing Manager and you’ll be responsible for providing engineering lead representation in cross categories engineering projects in the region EMEA that develop, commercialize, and launch new and restaged items made at manufacturing contractors and molded parts suppliers (plastic components). The projects can be about the launch of new products, change of sources/suppliers, major rollout, manufacturing capacity expansion, product changes, and new plastic components.
You’ll be part of a global Engineering team that works relentlessly to guarantee that all external manufacturers meet SC Johnson's standards. So, if you are passionate about Engineering and looking to build your career in a regional role with a lot of internal and external exposure, this is the opportunity for you!
Based in Arese - Milan, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share as well as smart working. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include medical cover, life insurance, subsidy canteen and SCJ Holiday programme.The facilities in Arese include swimming pool, tennis court, games room and free parking.
- Provide Engineering interface for other key areas including RD&E, Finance, Marketing, & other SCJ Manufacturing sites.
- Partner with Procurement and Global/Regional Tec. Service functions to evaluate potential supplier’s capabilities, equipment and manufacturing processes.
- Support the drawing up of technical documents necessary to preliminary check manufacturing feasibility and receive quotation.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and implement new molds/production lines at SC Johnson’s suppliers.
- Lead in determining manufacturing feasibility.
- Support activities for engineering projects and ensure technical support at contractors.
- Liaise with the technical team to validate process and conduct process capability studies.
- Promote and support lean activities and waste reductions.
- Lead the process improvement activities within Engineering outside operation as well as support skill development within the engineering team
- Master degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience in Manufacturing with a good understanding of manufacturing operations technologies, capabilities and process limitations in the FMCG environment.
- Fluent in speaking, writing, and reading English and Italian. Polish is a plus.
- Deep experience in Contract Manufacturing environment and molding operation is a distinctive advantage.
- Knowledge of the Quality Standards.
- Project management and Process improvement skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and a strong team player.
- Availability to travel within the region EMEA.