Associate Manager, Project Management, Home StorageBay City, Michigan Job ID 22195 Apply
The Project Manager-Products Associate Manager will contribute to new product development and project management. You will develop products and provide strong engineering technical knowledge throughout the life of the project. As a member of the R&D team, you will work within cross functional teams.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage products through the new product development process. Develop timelines, key milestones, and risk and mitigation plans
- Communicate to project sponsors and translate technical topics to enable good decision making
- Create products that consumers find appealing and easy to use; products and packaging that is compelling and allows SC Johnson to "win at the store shelf"
- Provide technical and project leadership within a multi-functional team to drive the development of innovative new products
- Provide technical assistance to resolve technical problems, maintain production schedules and product quality
- Stay in the forefront of innovations and trends so that new technologies can be leveraged in new products and new product packaging
- Research/evaluate materials and components for the development of cost-effective processes and products
- Develop technical specifications which measure key attributes that are consumer and customer relevant
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field (engineering or science) and a minimum of 6 years of related project management experience or a master’s degree in business or a technical field (engineering or science) and at least 4 years of project management experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience working in Consumer Products (CPG) or related industries
- Solid project management skills with a track record of launching products and progressing multiple projects concurrently
- Strong communication and teamwork skills with the ability to work with/influence internal and external partners to meet program needs
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of consumer testing techniques and execution of appropriate studies to evaluate product performance
- Experience working with external companies as a source of product and/or manufacturing capabilities
- Ability to translate and communicate technical topics to both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to translate user insights into technical attributes
- Full time
- 0-10% travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
- Remote work available once a week for eligible employees
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.