Associate Manager - Site EngineeringBay City, Michigan Job ID 16051 Apply
This position is responsible for engineering & managing capital projects ranging up to $500M and leading manufacturing operational improvement efforts to assure a safe, high quality and high-performance working environment. They are responsible for continually eradicating losses, building new capabilities and/or implementing new technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position reports directly to the Site Engineering Manager and is primarily accountable for:
- Capital Project Management – Development and Leadership of Capital Projects up to $500M on time and within budget from concept through start-up.
- Providing support to the manufacturing plants to improve safety, manufacturing efficiencies, product quality, resin yield, equipment reliability and product cost utilizing problem solving tools to define and eliminate root causes of issues.
- Investigates, drives, and assists on projects involving cost saving, process optimization, productivity improvements and replacing obsolete equipment related to existing processes.
- Estimating and analyzing the costs and benefits of various options and presenting them in a concise manner.
- Serve as a Start-Up-Leader driving collaboration between manufacturing and engineering project teams to ensure a safe and successful vertical start-up.
- Assuring compliance of company global standards and regulations that may apply.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
The individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum five (5) years of experience leading Engineering Projects and providing manufacturing support, preferably in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience with plastic extrusion, film making, web handling
- PSM (Process Safety Management) experience.
- SAP, Microsoft Project
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities which fosters group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Communication - Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies– (Lean, 4M, 5-Why, Kaizens, PDCA, Engineering Work Processes)
- Innovation - Displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas.
- Interpersonal Skills – Ability to builds constructive and collaborative relationships to drive results through others.
- MS Office Applications.
- Machine Design – Creates concepts, works with a mechanical designer to detail the concept, prototype it and implement it across multiple manufacturing lines. CAD experience required, AutoCAD/Inventor preferred
- Full time with operational support outside core business hours as needed to support the 24x7 Manufacturing environment.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.