Manufacturing Production TechnicianBay City, Michigan Job ID 15418 Apply
A technician will be responsible for day-to-day operational activities in a fast paced highly automated technical manufacturing environment. Our primary goal is to work safely towards the reduction of downtime and improving our efficiency and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position reports to the Production Manager and is primarily accountable for:
- Ownership for self and team safety
- High involvement in Employee Driven Safety practices and teams
- Monitor process and product quality
- Maintain and improve quality
- Work to maximize uptime and reduce scrap
- Identification of wastes and elimination of losses
- Active participation in employee led Autonomous Production Teams focused on the elimination of losses
- Troubleshooting and resolution of process/equipment/component issues
- Analyzing information from data collection systems to determine appropriate next steps
- Application of root cause problem solving methods and practices
- Proper utilization of plant data collection systems
- Successful operation of technology across multiple lines or execution of multiple technologies within a single line
- Development of and Compliance to Standard Work and Standard Operating Procedures
- SMED, Quick Changeovers
- Support Plant audits: GMP, SQA, ISO, SEA, Housekeeping, Centerlining, etc.
- Understanding and consistent application of Lean Principles, ie: Performance Management, Centerlining, CIL, QCO, 5S, Loss Teams, Kaizens, etc.
- Commitment to completion of technical training grid requirements within the allotted timeframe
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
The individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrated Math and Measurement skills- utilization of measurement tools (ruler, hand gauges, etc.) to measure to the 1/16” for quality inspection and detection and determine appropriate corrective actions required
- Working knowledge of Safety, and Health and Environment principles and practices
- Proven ability to undertake tasks of substantial variety or complexity
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and troubleshooting
- SMED (Quick Changeover) experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Flexibility to work within teams and independently with minimal supervision to meet operational goals
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite Products (Outlook – Calendar and Email; Word, Excel)
- Good communication skills, both verbal, and written
- Ability to climb up and down steps and ladders
- Capable of lifting, pushing, and pulling a maximum of fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to work twelve (12) hour shifts standing and including a significant amount of walking, bending, twisting
- Available to work nights and weekends on a rotating shift schedule
- Must be available to work overtime
- Appropriate use and compliance to required PPE (steel toe safety shoes, hearing protection, eye protection)
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.