Quality and Process Engineer PrincipalBay City, Michigan Job ID 13705 Apply
- The Quality and Process Engineer Principal is responsible for assuring quality of Ziploc products & manufacturing process, developing methods of quality measurement & control, understanding the data through advanced statistics, and implementing the learning to production for continuous improvement.
- This position requires methodical knowledge in statistical analysis with hands on experience in manufacturing. This role also provides broad knowledge in the areas of expertise including laboratory data analysis, quality trouble shooting, process modeling, software for machine interface, and mentoring junior engineers.
- This position will develop and lead complex projects crossing RD&E, manufacturing, plant engineering, GSC, and marketing to promote brand quality landing to visible business impacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of cross-functional quality improvement projects balancing stakeholder inputs to drive tangible business outcome
- Understand thoroughly the current status quo of product quality and manufacturing and develop short-term and mid-to-long term improvement plans
- Challenge RD&E and plant team constantly to think outside of the box and proactively bring issues, concerns, and recommendations for actions with resource needs cross-functionally
- Lead a team to develop/execute business-acceptable solutions for quality improvement projects
- Act as a residential expert in the areas of statistical analysis, data analysis, quality trouble shooting, process modeling, computer-machine interface (e.g., software coding), test method development
- Coach and lead manufacturing and plant engineering team to ensure quality control
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies that could improve current quality and operation
- Help building a strong RD&E testing and measurement lab and pilot capability by providing right level of expertise, coaching, and guiding
- Demonstrate business acumen and strategic thinking skills. Translate high level strategies into tangible business objectives
- Lead/mentor other technical professionals including labs and pilot to promote technical curiosity and career path
- Interact closely with marketing and consumers to research and identify critical product attributes
- Involve pilot testing, build DOEs, and run trial for small scale to seamless transition to plant test including PPVs and PLQs
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering including Statistics, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related technical field and a minimum 7 years of experience in the consumer product industry or advanced degree with at least 5 years of this experience.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Possess rigorous knowledge in statistics applicable to quality improvement in manufacturing environment
- Proven record of developing projects, forming cross-functional team, and executing the solution to drive business outcomes in consumer products
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively with co-workers who are not in reporting relationship
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate accurately to all levels of stakeholders cross-functionally (e.g., manufacturing, GPS, marketing)
- Possess strong analytical skillset to tackle complex problems and devise pathways to find solutions
- Proven record of working through ambiguity, constantly thinking outside of the box to challenge the current status quo, genuinely interested in improving quality and making things better
- Talking through the data; must be comfortable in how to measure, analyze, build a story, leading to solution pathway
- Be familiar with modern computer software and coding
- Proven track record in delivering commitments with significant impact to key business metrics and initiatives
- Ability to coach and influence at various levels in the organization
- Possess key attributes such as: drive for results, decision quality, courage, interpersonal savvy, systems thinking, risk analysis, and contingency planning
- Full time
- Core Business Hours
- Under 10% of travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.