Sr. Associate, Project ManagerBay City, Michigan Job ID 10531 Apply
The SC Johnson Home Storage division is seeking a full-time person to join our RD&E team. The individual should have a passion for new product development and project management. As a member of our team, the individual will work within cross functional teams and be responsible for project management. In addition, they will be the technical lead, developing products and providing strong engineering technical knowledge and guidance throughout the life of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Management - Manage projects through the new product project management project. Develop timelines, key milestones and identify risk and mitigation plans.
- Communicate to project sponsors and translate technical topics to enable good decision making.
- Create products that consumers find appealing and easy to use; Products and Packaging that is compelling and allows SC Johnson to "win at the store shelf".
- Provide technical and project leadership within a multi-functional team to drive the development of innovative new products.
- Provide technical assistance to resolve technical problems, maintain production schedules and product quality.
- Stay in the forefront of innovations and trends so that new technologies can be leveraged in new products and/or new product packaging.
- Research and evaluate materials and components for the development of cost effective processes and products.
- Develop technical specs which measure key attributes that are consumer relevant.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or similar technical field and 3-5 Years related experience in Consumer Products or related industries or an advanced degree with 2-3 years relevant work experience.
- Proven project management experience, this is primarily a project management role
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong and proven project management skills with a track record of launching products.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills with the ability to work with and influence internal and external partners to meet program needs.
- Experience working with injection molding, blow molding, thermoforming and plastic component sub assembly.
- Strong technical expertise in plastic extrusion, materials, closures, manufacturing line requirements, plastic molding techniques and product/environment compatibility.
- Experience and technical competency in primary, secondary and tertiary packaging design and qualification (e.g. product and environment compatibility, distribution and environmental testing, manufacturing qualification)
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of consumer testing techniques and execution of appropriate studies to evaluate product performance
- Experience working with external companies as a source of product and/or manufacturing capabilities
- Translate ideas and concepts into prototypes – leveraging skills and tools such as Rapid Prototyping and CAD.
- Sound knowledge and demonstrated application of fundamental mechanical Engineering principles (or relevant engineer discipline)
- Complex problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to progress multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to translate User insights into technical attributes
- Translate and communicate technical topics to both technical and non-technical people.
- Considered a plus if candidate has experience and technical competency in:
· Converting equipment technology
· Design of Experiments and understanding of statistical processes.
- Full Time based in Bay City, MI
- 10 – 20 % travel expected.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.