Warehouse TechnicianBay City, Michigan Job ID 15652 Apply
The person in this role is a member of a flexible, multi-skilled work team that is responsible for planning, implementing, and controlling the efficient, effective flow and storage of product from the site to other locations, RDC’s, and customers. This person will work closely with plant personnel, traffic, and scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure correct procedures are followed when entering data into systems or performing other tasks
- Troubleshoot and maintain palletizers and associated equipment
- Unload lines and assign product to trailers
- Interface with computer systems
- Close trailers to various destinations with correct mix and quantities of products
- Operate forklifts and associated equipment
- Receive goods and supplies in shipping center
- Receive product from other buildings for transfer to RDC’s
- Be proactive in the development and documentation of methods and procedures for performing tasks
- Support Plant audits: GMP, SQA, ISO, SEA, Housekeeping, Centerlining, etc.
- Understanding and consistent application of Lean Principles, ie: Performance Management, Centerlining, CIL, QCO, 5S, Loss Teams, Kaizens, etc.
- Commitment to completion of technical training grid requirements within the allotted timeframe.
- Proper utilization of plant data collection systems
- Analyzing information from data collection systems to determine appropriate next steps
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Proven ability to undertake tasks of substantial variety or complexity
- Working knowledge of Safety, and Health and Environment principles and practices
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility to work within teams and independently with minimal supervision to meet operational goals
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite Products (Outlook – Calendar and Email; Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated Math and Measurement skills- utilization of measurement tools (ruler, hand gauges)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Manufacturing Technical Degree or one (1) year of experience in a warehouse environment preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- Experience within a Lean Manufacturing Environment preferred
- Ability to climb up and down steps and ladders
- Capable of lifting, pushing, and pulling a maximum of fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to work twelve (12) hour shifts standing and including a significant amount of walking, bending, twisting.
- Available to work nights and weekends on a rotating shift schedule
- Must be available to work overtime
- Appropriate use and compliance to required PPE (steel toe safety shoes, hearing protection, eye protection)
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.