Director of SalesBrantford, Canada Job ID 12043 Apply
We believe people do their best work when they're treated with respect, integrity and fairness by their company and their colleagues. SC Johnson is unlike any other business. We are a private, family-led organization where people come first, with programs like Profit Sharing since 1917, personalized career development plans, comprehensive and competitive compensation packages designed to support SCJ people’s lives and families, generous benefit programs that include elements such as health and dental coverage, student scholarships, on-site recreation and fitness centers, vacation purchase options, flexible hours and work arrangements, on-site practitioners, on-site subsidized cafeteria, fun events for employees and their families and many more.
We are passionate about our commitment to make the world better for our communities and future generations. Voluntarily removing CFCs from aerosols back in 1975, establishing the Greenlist™ process for better ingredients, and an ongoing commitment to donate at least $15 million in resources to combat Zika are just a few examples of our legacy and long-standing commitment to do what's right. You can contribute to the world around you at SC Johnson.
Globally, we are a team of 13,000 committed, collaborative, diverse, and purpose-driven people. We foster a unique culture of camaraderie and support where everyone performs at their best while we push one another to fulfill their full potential.
Come join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters in our Canadian Head Office in Brantford Ontario and make an impact while building iconic global brands.
Role: Director, Sales
This position is responsible for leading an account team’s overall customer strategy by developing and implementing sales and consumer programs which support the annual SC Johnson business plan delivery. Category management initiatives designed to grow profitable sales, shares and volume for SC Johnson and our retail partners are one of the primary objectives in this role. Supports the go to market purchase strategies and develops and fosters senior external relationships. Ensures that our trade strategies and those of our customers are aligned is essential to the long-term success of our business.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic business plans for accounts in support of achieving overall business objectives.
- Establish objectives with the account managers and provide the necessary coaching in support of their goal attainment.
- Hire, train, develop, coach, evaluate and provide feedback to the account managers. This process will ensure that personnel and position changes are seamless to our customers and the organization in general.
- Identify general training needs of the account / sales team, including individual development. Develop tomorrow’s leaders.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain multi-level relationships with the retailers, while identifying opportunity to grow the overall business through partnership and joint business planning.
- Manage trade funds for optimal productivity.
- Analyze and evaluate various sources of data and research that will lead to the development and identification of appropriate sales strategies to assist in the attainment of business goals.
- Leverage internal expertise and resources that promote cross-functional teaming in the development of business/customer plans to resolve key issues and opportunities.
Required Skills and Education:
- University degree in Business or a related field. MBA is an asset
- Minimum 8-10 years’ related experience is preferred. Prior experience within CPG industry is required.
- This position requires a high level of strategic planning, analytical skills, interpersonal and administrative abilities as well as an in-depth knowledge of a diverse customer base.
- Broad and deep knowledge of Sales gained through customer facing experience and progressive leadership positions
- Previous Sales Director experience strongly preferred
- Experience leading with key enabling functions including Category Management, Customer Service, Finance and Supply Chain
- Demonstrated track record of success in enabling business growth, strategy development and strategic innovation
- Demonstrated success in organization and talent leadership including coaching and mentoring teams for high performance and a track record for developing a pipeline of high performers and potential successors
- Demonstrated success in partnering with, and influencing, key internal and external stakeholders, sharing best practices
- Digital fluency, knowledge and experience relating to customer and consumer insights and their application
- Ability to analyse complex data and translate into actionable items at the strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to lead effectively through ambiguity, conflict and complexity
- Strong demonstration of all behaviours of our Leadership Imperatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Expert negotiator.
SC Johnson is committed to accessibility in its workplace and recruitment processes for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to participate in this recruitment process, please contact Human Resources. SC Johnson’s policies on accessibility are available upon request.