Manager, Manufacturing OperationsBrantford, Canada Job ID 10078 Apply
Position Purpose: The Site Manager will be responsible to deliver organization capability and breakthrough results in Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Delivery and engagement. Reporting to the Regional Manufacturing Director, this individual is a key change agent within the organization.
Incumbent is responsible for:
- In conjuction with Regional Director, provide long term strategic direction to the Brantford facility to support key business strategies
- Deliver world class results in all accountable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Safety, Environment, Quality, OEE, CFR, Cost and LEAN initiatives. Monitor, report and act on KPIs, as required.
- Participate in the hiring and development of talent; Motivate and engage people to drive daily improvement through positive attitude and change agency. Lead performance management process and take corrective action, as necessary, on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure compliance with federal, provincial and local regulations as well as Site adherence to drug GMP standards.
- Work collaboratively with Regional Director to effectively leverage regional / global resources, launch new products at site, and meet customer needs.
- Align S&OP requests and ensure commitments are met or exceeded. Manage inventories to minimize investment while meeting customer service objectives through the application of TPM principles and strong relationships with production planning.
- Assist in the development and effective management of assigned manufacturing budget and resources. Deliver continuous Delivered Profit (DP) improvement through cost savings and systems optimization
- Leverage the integration of the lean pillars through the master plan to build capability and deliver the improved results. Integrate Lean with broader manufacturing initiatives
- Formulate and recommend policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability of the operation
- Provide leadership and direction of a World Class Safety Program, ensuring adequate financial resources, compliance with all applicable regulatory and corporate Health and Safety requirements and appointing competent supervision.
- Provide management direction to all site MTS resources to ensure effective utilization of people, capital and inventory.
- Thoroughly communicate the goals, objectives, and state of the business to all levels in the organization along with the 'whys' and 'hows'. Maintain a keen awareness of and sensitivity to human relations issues within the organization. Develop production personnel to take on and accept higher levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Establish aggressive improvement objectives in the key drive categories of Cost, Quality, and Service, and manage those objectives toward full implementation.
- Drive a pro-active environmental program. Ensure compliance at all times to company standards, ISO 14001 and Environmental Regulations.
Required Skills and Education:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in Science related discipline with at least 5 years TPM/Lean deployment and managerial and project management leadership experience.
- Minimum 2 years of GMP experience in the Pharmaceutical industry in Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, or Quality Control capacity
- Demonstrate outstanding business and operational leadership capabilities, including continuous improvement knowledge to improve reliability and agility in a highly dynamic environment
- Work effectively and relate well to others, exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, and working to maintain constructive working relationships throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a matrix organization and to manage multiple interfaces and stakeholders
- Ability to work under tight timelines and changing priorities
- Ability to assess and effect organizational change and select and develop managers to meet the needs of a growing/acquiring business.
- Leadership, sound judgment, and high level technical problem solving skills are essential.
- Demonstrable examples of unquestionable integrity and ethics.
- Proven track record of achieving results in a cross functional environment of senior management peers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively internally with the entire depth and breadth of an organization
- Ability to travel approximately 10 %
SC Johnson is committed to accessibility in its workplace and recruitment processes for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to participate in this recruitment process, please contact Human Resources. SC Johnson’s policies on accessibility are available upon request
SC Johnson is committed to accessibility in its workplace and recruitment processes for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to participate in this recruitment process, please contact Human Resources. SC Johnson’s policies on accessibility are available upon request.