PackagerBrantford, Canada Job ID 13434 Apply
SC Johnson is hiring
FULL TIME PACKAGERS
at our 1 Webster Street, Brantford, Ontario manufacturing plant
1 YEAR CONTRACT POSITIONS
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK VARIOUS SHIFTS
Contract positions will include benefits and possibility of extension and/or permanent employment
Applications will only be accepted online
Expected start date: late August – mid September 2020
No phone calls or resume drop offs, please
Packagers work in a team environment under the direction of the shift Team Leader:
- You will work as a member of a team that will rotate job assignments and shifts as needed.
- You will monitor the operation of basic pieces of equipment e.g. safely stop machine and clear jams, change label rolls, refill components
- You will input procedures and complete paperwork You will perform tasks such as placing or removing empty and filled containers from conveyors and manually packing goods into boxes
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is a fifth-generation family company built on the spirit of our people. For over 130 years, we have been building brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member.
We believe people do their best work when they're treated with respect, integrity and fairness by their company and their colleagues. SC Johnson is unlike any other business. We are a private, family-led organization where people come first, with programs like Profit Sharing since 1917, comprehensive compensation packages designed to support SCJ people’s lives and families.
BENEFITS/PERKS WHILE ON CONTRACT
- Company paid extended health, vision and dental plan
- Company paid defined contribution pension plan
- Company paid premiums on basic life insurance of $10,000
- Profit Sharing
- Johnson Employee Association (JEA) – fun events for you and your families, draws, prizes and use of our on-site fitness facility
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Shop in our Employee Store
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Abide by all safety policies, procedures, regulations and rules.
- Monitor the operation of basic pieces of equipment on the production lines.
- Perform packaging related tasks such as placing or removing empty and filled containers from conveyors, manually packing goods into boxes.
- Escalate requirement for major intervention/troubleshooting to line operator.
- Operation of a variety of equipment including labeling, palletizing, packaging and component related equipment.
- Perform all required quality checks of the product as per procedures, maintaining established standards of quality within the operations and recording on associated paperwork.
- Rework of non-conforming product.
- Provide assistance during line changeovers (e.g. completing counts of components for input into SAP, cleaning area, setting out components at workstations, removing garbage, etc.).
- Ensure that all equipment is cleaned properly and is free from all contaminating materials and surrounding work area is maintained in accordance with standards.
- Perform on-line palletizing functions placing cartons of finished product onto pallets in prescribed patterns, recording carton counts, and moving pallets as required.
- May be required to obtain license to operate and maintain pump pallet trucks and walkies.
- Be knowledgeable in company procedures and participate in training as follows: Manufacturing and Line Operations, Safety, Health and the Environment, Quality, Emergency Shutdown procedures for the assigned work area, Human Resources, ISO.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Minimum completion of Grade 12 high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Effective ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 18 kg (approx. 40 lbs)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of computers
- Must be available to work ALL shifts: days, afternoons, nights. There is a high likelihood for an off shift, and it may be a rotating schedule. Must be willing to work a continental shift, as needed.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Previous GMP experience
SC Johnson is committed to accessibility in its workplace and recruitment processes for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to participate in this recruitment process, please contact Human Resources. SC Johnson’s policies on accessibility are available upon request.