Associate Manager, Demand PlanningCairo, Egypt Job ID 25247 Apply
Associate Manager - Demand Planning
• Location: Cairo, Egypt
• Function: Supply Chain
About the role
The Demand-Planning organization of SC Johnson is responsible for the development of a demand forecast and the S&OP logics. The EU RDPC Lead is responsible of the Demand Planning data consolidation exiting from Step2 up to Step 3 and then to Step 5, taking over the responsibility of escalating any doubt, inefficiency, gap or misalignment in the local demand forecast plans. The role needs to be the unique interface for the Demand Planning EU team from business standpoint supporting in both ways business and supply chain partners.
- Use and maintain current demand planning systems to create the best forecast possible using established processes. Utilizing the statistical feed in the system from their demand support hub.
- Collect and analyze past/future demand inputs (such as distribution gains/losses, price changes, new/discontinued products and promotion plans) from sales and marketing and calculate their impacts on demand.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Customer Marketing and Finance for advertising and promotional activities – time period, expected market penetration, reaction (uplift, cannibalization on other items/brands) and evaluate against performance from similar historical activities.
- Ensure demand forecast is shared in level of detail and timing required by internal customers and supply chain partners with documented assumptions. Also communicating forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities.
- Influence and collaborate with key partners in marketing, sales (field sales, corporate sales managers and directors), and finance to address input gaps as identified by forecast error/bias review & root cause analysis
- Measure, analyze, and communicate key process metrics and monitor adherence to key performance indicators, while driving continuous improvement
Behaviors you’ll need:
- Strong communication skills, with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate with business stakeholders
- Ability to drive action and influence decision making at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Experience you’ll bring:
- Graduate degree, preferably economics, supply chain management, engineering or a related business field
- At least 5 year of Supply Chain or Business experience with demonstrated results and working in a team-based, cross functional environment, preferably experience with the standard S&OP or IBM processes
- At least 5 year of hands-on experience in demand planning and simulation systems or tools working in the FMCG industry
What’s in it for you?
Based in Turkey, we can offer you a competitive salary, profit share and benefits.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.