Senior Analyst Packaging EngineerCairo, Egypt Job ID 13033 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunity for a Senior Analyst Packaging Engineer – Cairo, Egypt
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Senior Analyst Packaging Engineer (Cairo, Egypt)
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Based in Cairo, Egypt and reporting to Portfolio R&D Manager you will be responsible for supporting regional cross functional project teams in Commercialization, Launch, and Post Launch Phases to ensure project schedule, cost, capital, quality, and customer service objectives are met for regional and global projects.
You will be assisting in managing multiple and simultaneous projects for Middle East, Pakistan and Turkey related to the development of new products/packages, as well as line extensions and lead technology advancements which expand the organizational and market needs for the assigned portion of our business. You will be also leading the technical development of new or revised packaging materials & products on global and regional brands.
- Manage projects through the Commercialization, Launch, and Post Launch Phases. Develop timelines, key milestones, and risk and mitigation plans
- Execute detailed project schedule to meet launch commitments in each country defined in project scope
- Support risk identification/mitigation plans to achieve project objectives
- Manage projects according to SCJ processes and best practices
- Provide strong technical leadership within a cross-functional team to drive the design and development of innovative new products or optimization of existing packages
- Identify and apply new and existing packaging materials and technologies towards the development of innovative new products and the enhancement of existing products that consumers find appealing and easy to use; packaging that is compelling and allows SC Johnson to "win at the store shelf"
- Design, coordinate, and complete performance and compatibility testing in support of packaging component changes
- Develop & manage packaging specifications and finished good assembly specifications
- Execute domestic and global packaging development projects by creating and managing effective and efficient project timelines and related success criteria to realize on-time project completion dates.
- Collaborate with multifunctional core teams (RD&E, Design, Marketing, Marketing Research, and Product Supply) to successfully identify, develop and launch new products in an accelerated manner.
- BSc degree in Engineering and related Supply Chain degrees
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role with exposure to Project Management in manufacturing or purchasing/planning/distribution
- English fluent (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of packaging technology and materials and the application of sound scientific principles to the development of new and revised packaging. Demonstrated growth in ability to acquire, expand and apply advances within state of the art packaging technology, utilizing expertise to enable the successful commercialization of new ideas driving consumer and corporate value
- Strong technical expertise and working knowledge of multiple packaging related disciplines, such as; materials, dispensing systems, aerosols, flexible films, plastic parts and related molding technology, along with scale-up and manufacturing line requirements
- Experience and technical competency in primary, secondary and tertiary packaging design and qualification (e.g. product/package compatibility, manufacturing and distribution qualification)
- Technical curiosity to investigate the source of issues & opportunities, while providing creative ideas, quality of work, and speed through a results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication, organizational and operational kills
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application