Senior Associate, Packaging EngineerCairo, Egypt Job ID 24971 Apply
Role: Senior Associate, Packaging Engineer
Location: Cairo, Egypt
This position will support MENAPT cross functional project teams in Commercialization, Launch, and Post Launch Phases to ensure project schedule, cost, capital, quality, and customer service objectives are met for regional and global projects. You will lead the technical development of new or revised packaging materials & products on global and regional brands.
- Manage projects through the Commercialization, Launch, and Post Launch Phases. Develop timelines, key milestones, and risk and mitigation plans
- Support risk identification/mitigation plans to achieve project objectives
- Manage projects according to SCJ processes and best practices
- Provide strong technical leadership within a cross-functional team to drive the design and development of innovative new products or optimization of existing packages.
- Identify and apply new and existing packaging materials and technologies towards the development of innovative new products and the enhancement of existing products that consumers find appealing and easy to use; packaging that is compelling and allows SC Johnson to "win at the store shelf"
- Design, coordinate, and complete performance and compatibility testing in support of packaging component changes
- Develop & manage packaging specifications and finished good assembly specifications
- Execute domestic and global packaging development projects by creating and managing effective and efficient project timelines and related success criteria to realize on-time project completion dates.
- Collaborate with multifunctional core teams (RD&E, Design, Marketing, Marketing Research, and Product Supply) to successfully identify, develop and launch new products in an accelerated manner.
Experience you’ll bring:
- Bachelor of Science in related engineering field
- Experience in packaging in manufacturing or purchasing/planning/distribution
- Knowledge of packaging technology and materials and the application of sound scientific principles to the development of new and revised packaging
- Strong technical expertise and working knowledge of multiple packaging related disciplines, such as; materials, dispensing systems, aerosols, flexible films, plastic parts and related molding technology
- Experience and technical competency in primary, secondary and tertiary packaging design and qualification (e.g. product/package compatibility, manufacturing and distribution qualification.)
- Demonstrated capability to handle multiple projects/programs concurrently
- Product Management systems experience (i.e., SAP Product Lifecycle Management)
Behaviors you’ll need:
- Good communication skills and ability to drive actions and influence decision making
- Strong organizational skills and priority setting
What’s in it for you?
We offer an excellent opportunity for career development and progression, a highly collaborative work environment and an autonomous and flexible working culture where you will be able to add value and be recognized and rewarded.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
You need to be eligible to work in the country of application.
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member.
Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands.
GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™