Associate Manager, Category & Shopper LeadershipChesapeake, Virginia Job ID 12150 Apply
This position is responsible for the category advisor and/or captain role of Home Cleaning and collaborates with the retailer in development and implementation of plans that supports the retailer’s performance objectives.
The position is home office based.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides retailer-specific solutions and recommendations based on key learnings and insights generated through analyses and research from a broad range of data sources.
• Mines and analyzes data from sources such as the following: syndicated scanner/panel, retailer POS, and space planning.
• Turns category and shopper insights into actionable recommendations via Storytelling
• Completes category analyses on assortment, retail pricing, and trade promotions.
• Completes retailer category reviews utilizing category analysis, shopper insights and analytic tools.
• Utilizes category and aisle expertise to provide shelf merchandising and item placement recommendations.
• Develops plan-o-grams using plan-o-gram software.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Undergraduate or graduate degree mandatory
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, or minimum 3 years of experience and Advanced Degree required; this experience should include 3 years of experience in a retailer-facing role with at least one year of this experience in category management, category/sales analytics or shopper insights.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Advanced skills in AOD/IRI, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and space management software (JDA Space Planning and/or Apollo.)
• Advanced skills in pulling, manipulating and analyzing syndicated point of sale and shopper panel data (1010 Data, Nielsen and/or IRI.)
• Accurately analyzes quantitative and qualitative data to uncover observations, insights and key learning’s. Ability to develop retailer-specific strategic and tactical recommendations and solutions.
• Previous experience analyzing retailer-supplied point-of-sale data and retailer loyalty card data
• Previous experience using data warehouse tools.
• Excellent working knowledge of category management principles and practices.
• Ability to develop and execute an objective fact-based presentation.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for building internal and external relationships and working on a high-performance team.
• Proactive and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment by fostering a sense of urgency, energy, ownership, and a curiosity to search for opportunities.
• Full Time
• Some overnight travel
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.