Administrative Assistant, Administration ACChicago, Illinois Job ID 21769 Apply
This position provides administrative assistance to the Air Care team. This is a dynamic environment, and the incumbent must be able to demonstrate high levels of discretion, communication, organization, initiative, sense of urgency, decisiveness, and ability to work independently while remaining flexible under pressure and changing priorities. The successful candidate will need to be able to partner with key members of the team to accomplish goals. Candidates should be willing to work overtime as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism in working with all levels of management, both within and outside the company
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (internal/external)
• Exercise extreme confidentiality in handling highly-sensitive projects
Organization and Planning
• Ability to multi-task with several competing priorities
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle detailed meeting schedules with internal and external parties at dual campuses, as well as off-campus
• Experience and ability to organize domestic and international travel, both commercial and corporate aircraft, coordinate travel visas as needed while remaining flexible under pressure with frequently-changing priorities and demands
• Highly motivated, self-starter, able to function independently by anticipating needs and resolving them without supervision
• Ability to make independent decisions when needed
• Sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
• Proactive, forwarding-thinking problem solving skills
• Prioritize projects; establish and meet deadlines
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
Minimum of 8 years of progressive administrative experience.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Efficiently manage multiple projects and competing priorities with strong time-management skills and the ability to quickly adapt to a changing business landscape.
- Excellent interpersonal savvy skills to maintain and develop successful relationships with both internal and external clients with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail and accuracy with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision quality when managing the VP’s schedule while understanding the difference between urgent and important
- Good problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to exercise extreme confidentiality
- High school diploma or higher education
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel (pivot tables) and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn/master standard and ad-hoc reporting
- Experience with Concur preferred
- Experience with Teams meetings, Roundtable technology and video conferencing
- Full Time
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.