Associate Manager,, Demand PlanningChicago, Illinois Job ID 11370 Apply
The primary role of this position is to lead a team of Demand Planners and ensure a rolling 18+ month forecast is developed, reviewed, published, and adjusted as needed by partnering with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Supply Chain. The Associate Manager will leverage best-in-class process and strategy to ensure the team is developing a consensus forecast by using insights such as promotional plans, distribution changes, shipment history, competitor activities and marketing plans. This role owns and manages the overall demand signal, design and maintenance of the demand planning system, building the relationship with the Sales team, and managing the demand planning deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the execution of the Demand Planning function; accountable for ongoing improvement in forecast accuracy and partnership with internal/external customers
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Finance to develop an 18-month, data-rooted, final consensus forecast for major business units
- Review, validate, and present the demand plan in cross-functional forums such as pre sign-off and sign-off meetings (S&OP meetings)
- Summarize and report key forecast changes and concise drivers of forecast accuracy performance to Supply Chain Leadership
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Supply Chain leadership to drive business initiatives as part of the SCJ Strategic Plan
- Conduct root cause analyses of forecast error and identify corrective actions, leading the Demand Planning Team to deliver KPI targets
- Make recommendations to enhance business processes and identify opportunities to improve operational inefficiencies
- Work with cross-functional partners on projects such as new product launches, obsolescence, and transitions to evaluate assumptions – new product forecast, pipeline fill, and cannibalization
- Drive continuous performance improvement by supporting the Demand Planning Team in the defined daily/weekly processes
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Finance or related field
- 5 plus years relevant Demand Planning / forecasting background
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- A fast-paced, multi-tasking expert with strong cross-functional project management capabilities
- Expert communication skills; ability to coordinate across all levels within the organization
- Proven leadership ability (previous management experience 2+ years is a plus); drive action, accountability, and influence decision making at any level
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis, linking root cause to action to KPI improvement; ability to simplify the complex
- Position is Full-Time
- Regular business hours, Monday-Friday
- Travel expected, maximum 10-15%
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description
does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.