Associate Manager, FP&A Finance, Sales/Mktg/Product SupplyChicago, Illinois Job ID 14782 Apply
The AssociateManager, FP&A, Sales/Mktg/Product Supply – is equipped to provide overall financial leadership to the Sales Class of Trade Leadership Team(s), Global or US Marketing Leadership and Global Product Supply. This includes partnering with each key leader to help drive revenue growth, margin improvement, and improved financial returns. In addition, this person helps determine customer and category profitability, ensures a good control environment, and supports expense management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Performance & Analysis
- Provide financial analysis and business counsel to the Sales Account Team(s).
- Support revenue and trade spending forecasting processes - annual and monthly updates.
- Business building analysis including customer profitability and partnership in trade efficiency and effectiveness.
- Report and analyze KPIs including metrics covering revenue tracking, trade spending, and profitability.
- Assess, recommend, and initiate action plans to address risks and opportunities for customer performance.
- Play an integral role in the preparation of internal/external presentations and ongoing appraisal of customer plans.
- Delivering against ad hoc requests and projects from a variety of cross-functional business partners, including senior leadership.
- Work with brand management to prepare budgets and forecasts that achieve sales, share and profit targets. Anticipate problems and develop contingency plans, including identifying risks/opportunities and recommending changes in support or strategy.
- Perform complex finance activities, including monthly and ad hoc financial statement analysis and commentary, pricing analytics, and scenario modeling. Ensure accuracy of monthly and year-end financial statements.
- Finance Liaison (active business partner) with Product Supply, Procurement, Supply Chain and Cost Accounting
- Leading the completion of New Product Development Analysis; from working with local teams to gathering data for the project to presenting findings and recommendations to Senior Director Supply Chain Business Integration and Global Commercial Finance
Controls & Process Improvement
- Provide advice and counsel to the Sales Account Team(s) on trade spending policies and procedures. Proactively ensure on-going trade policy compliance through quarterly trade reviews and monthly trade spending reporting.
- Support the Sales Account Team(s) to manage their budgeted spending levels and ensure overspends are avoided.
- Ensure efficient systems and processes exist to facilitate financial planning analysis and reporting across the broader Sales organization for Pre and Post Analysis.
- Other support as needed to ensure proper financial controls.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
The successful candidate will bring a proven track record of driving results. The ideal candidate understands how to constructively challenge the conventional wisdom or accepted ways of doing things. Communicates vision in bold and persuasive terms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Five years of finance experience is required in Commercial or Integrated Supply Chain areas along with the knowledge of cross-functional processes and operations.
- Corporate finance experience including financial planning, forecasting and analysis
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Ability to communicate analysis in a clear, succinct and persuasive manner
- Strategic thinking and demonstrated experience in providing financial support to executives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and contend with a wide range and complexity of business problems
- A mindset to be data-driven and to objectively follow the facts wherever they lead
- Demonstrate the capacity to assess disparate data streams and distill them into meaningful and, ultimately, actionable strategic recommendations
- Up to 50% domestic travel
- Job location may reside within Chicago or Racine
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.