Associate Manager, Marketing CommercializationChicago, Illinois Job ID 12037 Apply
This position is on SCJ’s North America Marketing Commercialization Home Storage team. This candidate reports to the Brand Manager of US Marketing Commercialization Home Storage. This position is accountable for translating Global strategies into locally relevant go-to-market plans via launching new products, implementing portfolio restages and executing marketing campaigns. The role is responsible for growing business profitability while gaining share and strengthen the brand equity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide analysis in support of strategy development. Execute day-to-day responsibilities against business priorities that best align with the strategy.
- Provide analytical support or innovation trends within your category. Manage project criteria, ensure cross functional team members are aligned to and meeting milestones.
- Understand consumer and shopper insights that drive segment priorities. Execute analysis and make conclusions/recommendations to support business initiatives and priorities.
- Provide analytical support and input into packaging briefs and CAB development. Support product package changes and communication execution of tactics within non-TV channels
- Understand fundamentals around managing the business P&L
- Begin building a general understanding of SCJ’s customers and their relative importance of each other to the division and to North America. Lead detailed understanding of Tier 2 & 3 Customers (as appropriate).
- Demonstrate honesty, courage and transparency in words and actions
- Promote collaboration by valuing others and building trust‐based relationships
- Check understanding and align with strategy, expectations, decision rights, priorities and deliverables
- Remove barriers by focusing on priorities, making timely decisions, and maximizing empowerment
- Acknowledge tradeoffs, take appropriate risks and own all outcomes good or bad
- Passionately deliver winning results individually and through others
- Approach situations and processes with curiosity and open‐mindedness while applying new learnings
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 5+ years of Marketing experience and an undergraduate degree OR 3+ years of Marketing experience with an advanced degree required
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong interest in CPG industry
- Working on cross-functional team
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Passion for innovation
- Prior experience in the CPG industry
- High sense of urgency
- Proven project leadership capability and propensity to grow within brand management and other commercial roles (including sales, customer marketing, and shopper marketing roles)
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.