Associate Manager, North America Category AnalyticsChicago, Illinois Job ID 11791 Apply
- The position exists to enable the building of Commercial Marketing capabilities including:
- Deploy predictive analytic capabilities to deliver increased ROIs across the P&L through improved planning, execution and measurement of Marketing activities.
- Expand the business acumen of the local team through the creation and support of key analytic capabilities such as business driver decomposition and NPD forecasting.
- This position will need to wire to the appropriate global, cross-functional & commercialization teams to build these new capabilities at SCJ
- Primary audiences are Sr. Director Category Commercial Marketing, Director Commercial Customer Marketing, & Local VP's/GM's/Marketing/Finance Teams
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of new commercialization capabilities (Consumption Forecasting, New Product Forecasting, etc…) that result in improved forecast accuracy and the ability to react more rapidly to address emerging issues and take advantage of emerging tailwinds
- Partner with cross-functional team (Marketing, Media, Finance, Sales, etc…) to develop comprehensive Marketing Measurement strategies that will enable SCJ to drive ROI
- Work with key vendors to complete Marketing Measurement studies (Marketing Mix, Single Source, Promotion analysis, eCommerce) that lead to clear recommendations that maximize efficiency and effectiveness of marketing efforts
- Develop local market/category learning agendas and partner cross-functionally in research design and implementation
- Effectively communicate analytical findings of the local market/category to global team and conversely integrate global learnings into local analytic projects
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field; MBA or advanced degree in research and statistical field preferred
- Individual should have minimum of 3 years of experience in Marketing Analytics/Insights, with 5 total years of relevant experience or 3 with an advanced degree.
- Should have familiarity with tools & techniques in the areas of marketing mix, forecasting, pricing, assortment optimization, etc
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Expertise with syndicated data (POS & Panel)
- Ability to define root cause factors from data, experience and judgment
- Demonstrated cross-functional partnership
- High sense of urgency
- Commercial analytics experience
- Position is Full -Time
- < 5% travel required
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.