Category Manager, Center of ExcellenceChicago, Illinois Job ID 17551 Apply
The Center of Excellence Category Manager is responsible for developing best practice sales strategies to drive category growth & shopper conversion across customers and channels for SCJ categories. This role is expected to provide fact and insight-based solutions that drive growth for category, customers, and company. Utilizing shopper insight, opportunity identification and full understanding of products, assortment, pricing, placement, shelving, promotion, and merchandising.
This role will work closely with Field Category Management, Customer Marketing, Brand, Sales Strategy, Consumer Insights & Business Analytics and Sales Leadership Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate data and insight into retailer-specific strategic and tactical recommendations and solutions
- Be the Category Advocate for the field and internal teams
- Drive identification of category best practices for distribution, merchandising, shelving and pricing
- Lead analysis of drivers of category performance across retailers & channels to influence development of category growth and conversion strategies
- Lead development of shelf & space strategy including planogram guidance, cross category shelving strategies, space measurement
- Provide category assortment analysis to guide retailer-specific recommendations
- Develop category based selling stories for new items
- Understand how to leverage shopper insights to create compelling retailer-focused strategies and presentations
- Partner with Shopper Insights team to facilitate research and story development as strategic category specialist.
- Anticipate how category trends will impact future performance and work to develop a SCJ POV/recommendations on how to maximize category performance
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years’ relevant experience required. Advanced degree preferred
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 4+ years of experience in Category management, preferred experience in CPG and/or retail
- Demonstrated team leadership and development
- Cross-functional team partnership
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- High sense of urgency and prioritization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced skills in syndicated data tools, Microsoft Office Suite and space management software tools
- Previous experience analyzing retailer-supplied point-of-sale data and retailer loyalty card data, assortment analysis tools, and shelving and store analytics
- Ability to define root cause factors from data, experience, and judgment in translating data into compelling stories for customers
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person. Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.