Manager, eCommerce Shopper InsightsChicago, Illinois Job ID 10744 Apply
Manager, eCommerce Shopper Insights
- The eCommerce Shopper Insights Manager is responsible for leading all shopper insight & Category Leadership, working within a cross-functional eCommerce team led by Executive Director, eCommerce.
- This role is responsible for developing comprehensive understanding of shopper attitudes and behaviors to identify strategies to drive conversion in digital space for omnichannel environment including both eRetailers and traditional retailers.
- This role is expected to provide fact and insight-based solutions that drive growth for category, customers, and company by utilizing shopper insight, opportunity identification and full understanding of product, assortment and merchandising recommendations for digital space.
- This role will work closely with the eCommerce cross functional team as well as Category Management, Sales, Customer Marketing and Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive identification of shopper path to purchase in eCommerce including drivers of conversion and identify opportunities for omnichannel players: eRetailers and Brick & Click retailers
- Partner with key cross-functional teams including eCommerce Sales, Marketing, Customer Marketing, Sales and Category Leadership Center of Excellence functions to develop dedicated eCommerce digital/social strategies and tactical plans
- Lead all primary and secondary research for digital shopper attitude and behaviors
- Lead development of category merchandising and assortment strategies for digital environment
- Translate data and insight into Retailer & eRetailer-specific strategic and tactical recommendations and solutions
- Keep abreast of industry news, technologies, trends and opportunities, piloting and implementing emerging techniques to drive conversion in eCommerce environment
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Consumer Insights, Shopper Insights and/or Category Management with digital experience preferred
- Advanced skills in syndicated data tools, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with both primary and secondary research tools to understand shopper needs and behaviors
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Passion for digital & eCommerce space & demonstrated understanding of key players and concepts in digital
- Passion for exploring new methodologies and techniques
- Ability to define root cause factors from data, experience and judgment
- Ability to translate data into compelling stories for customers
- Cross-functional team partnership
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity and ability to work in a self-directed environment
- High sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description
does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.