Manager, Global Digital MarketingChicago, Illinois Job ID 10514 Apply
SC Johnson Overview:
SC Johnson is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. We’re a 129-year-old family company, and our trusted products can be found in homes around the globe.
We employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $9 billion in sales. Our company is still headquartered in Racine, Wisconsin, where it was founded. We have operations in more than 70 countries and sell products in virtually every country around the world.
At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Our product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Mrs. Meyers Clean Day®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
This position is in the SCJ Media & Integrated Marketing (MIM) division. This candidate reports to the Director of Global Digital Marketing. The role is accountable for harnessing digital marketing and technology to design better connections between people and our brands. . SCJ is seeking a highly-skilled digital marketing expert to work with the Global Marketing team to develop, execute, and steward integrated digital marketing plans designed to optimize sales, profitability, and competitive position. The candidate should possess strong leadership, project management and communication skills, and digital technology expertise. He/she will collaborate with marketers and our agencies to ensure best practices are followed throughout program creation and implementation, from visual design, user experience, creative development and measurement/ analysis. SCJ's internal digital expert is a change agent responsible for driving digital communications and innovation for a set of brands in our portfolio. The position is located our downtown Chicago IL offices.
- Drive user experience design principles across our marketing tactics and work with agencies and other partners to implement these principles in practice from website design, SEO, digital content designed for platform, etc
- Participate in Global Brand IMC meetings as the SCJ Digital Marketing expert
- Deliver recommendations to Brand teams on proposed digital strategy, channel plans and digital marketing program concepts, execution and analysis based on best practices and program objectives.
- Integrate digital strategy into overall marketing process, partnering with brand teams and other internal functional expertise (Media, Consumer Promotions, Public Relations, Shopper, IT) to facilitate integrated approach and ensure the brand’s strategy is appropriately realized in the digital space.
- Partner with the SCJ ecommerce team to ensure digital programs convert demand in an omnichannel shopping environment
- Evaluate emerging media channels, vendors, tools, technology and tactics for appropriateness and opportunities for SCJ brands to drive business goals.
- Drive departmental and division priorities with agencies and enforce with Brand team
- Work jointly with cross-functionals (Marketing, Consumer Insights & Business Analytics, etc.) and Media & Integrated Marketing team to support the IMC process including measuring impact and results of IMC programs; deliver cross-brand analysis of digital marketing initiatives, effectively consolidating, sharing and applying learning.
- Evaluate and manage external resources in execution of projects, including agencies, developers and other third-party partners. Partner with Procurement on the agency and third party vendor negotiations.
- Identify opportunities for cost efficiencies including programming re-use, process refinement, vendor selection, etc.
- Effectively communicate and teach complex digital concepts within organization
- Develop and align organization and external partners on success metrics for digital marketing
- Stay well-informed and versed on trends, rapidly changing technology and best practices in the digital arena, and facilitate knowledge sharing with Marketing teams
- Meet with external vendors to bring knowledge of new offerings in house
- Understand local market challenges and recommend digital tools that can help solve
- Develop, continually refine and communicate best practices that can be shared cross-category and cross-market
- Develop and lead (with agencies and/or external experts) digital training for marketers
- Contribute to development of SCJ’s Marketing Technology stack and make recommendations to brands/countries on how to leverage data & technology to improve marketing effectiveness
- College degree and related consumer goods marketing experience required; advanced degree (i.e. MBA/marketing/advertising/ communications) or business-related experience preferable.
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing essential
- Digital agency and client digital experience ideal
- Understands how digital marketing can impact consumer marketing goals and deliver an effective strategy and appropriate actions
- Must have prior experience providing creative direction for consumer-facing digital initiatives
- Strong experience managing all aspects of digital production lifecycle, including oversight and administration of content management systems
- Excellent consulting skills and ability to influence effectively
- Demonstrated skills in managing complexity, providing strategic insight and executional excellence
- Highly productive; thrives in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills and proven ability to work with Agency partners
- Experience managing service providers against a defined scope of work
- Tactical working knowledge of digital marketing disciplines that come together in an omnichannel environment – including, but not limited to: digital content strategy, mobile first mentality, social media, digital video, SEO and paid search, website production
- Ability to make good, quick decisions based on sound judgment and strong analytical skills
- Brings a high level of creativity and innovation; a go-to person that can make things happen independently
- Strong project management leadership skills
- Proven track record of impacting business results
- Ability to develop deep collaborative relationships across multiple work groups
- eCommerce and Data Driven Marketing experience a plus
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.