Manager, HR Business Partner - Global Supply ChainChicago, Illinois Job ID 14701 Apply
The Manager, HR Business Partner will provide human resource leadership to the North American division or our Global Supply Chain team. This person will drive the people agenda in terms of systems, processes, training, culture and helping to create a work environment that attracts, retains and energizes key talent. In addition, the HRBP will ensure that the business has the talent and the organizational design to deliver the business strategy for long-term, sustainable growth. The HRBP works with the HR Centers of Excellence and HR Operations, as well as other HR business partners to develop and lead programs that maximize the organization's effectiveness toward achieving its mission and other stated business goals.
The incumbent will be expected to establish trusted relationships with leaders by truly understanding the business and aligning human resources programs to credibly enable key initiatives across one or more countries. The position reports into the Senior Director HRBP for Global Supply Chain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides advice and feedback regarding the design of HR programs and is accountable for the rollout communications and execution effectiveness
- Solves complex leadership, people, and organizational challenges in consultation with senior HRBP leadership
- Provides strong organization, prioritization, planning, and project management for HRBP team objectives.
- Establishes strategies to develop leadership and management bench-strength and succession readiness
- Ensures effective change management and communication principles are used and builds strong two-way communication with the organization
- Ensures multi-location continuity in terms of philosophy, company culture, and practices which fosters uniform employee experience
- Analyzes business needs, defines the talent management strategy within the client group and influences leadership, management, hiring, HiPo, succession and promotion decisions
- Leads consistent execution of SCJ's human resource practices, processes, and people related activities
- In partnership with business leaders and global HRBPs/Field HR, defines strategies and initiatives that drive achievement of each business unit’s/function’s goals
- In partnership with business leaders and global HRBPs/Field HR, leads the execution of HR programs and practices, including performance success, compensation, workforce planning/management, and talent management
- Oversees the performance management process and reviews and advises management regarding corrective action to improve performance and recognition to motivate exceptional performers
- Helps drive productivity and performance, using HR systems and analytics to understand business issues, trends and recommended course correction. Includes disposition of key metrics, projected budget outlook, employee relations issues, reasons for labor turnover, etc
- Works collaboratively with others on cross-functional and/or global teams to execute strategic plans, and to generate ideas and introduce new concepts and HR processes
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of overall Human Resource Management operating as an HR Business Partner or HR Manager
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Ability to self-start and self-motivate under very limited supervision
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle pressures of deadlines, diverse assignment loads and high work volumes
- Excellent ability to independently problem-solve, troubleshoot, prioritize and switch directions, work independently, and demonstrate initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Project Coordination/Management experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, talent management, employee relations, performance management, and applicable employment laws.
- Strong influencing skills with people/teams and experience operating successfully in a complex organization with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
- Ability to impact organizational effectiveness and excel on high performing teams capable of delivering strategic results
- Ability to use data and reporting to drive strategic decisions
- Ability to assess HR implications of business priorities
- Able and willing to regularly travel regionally and, occasionally, globally
- Business Needs Analysis & Data Analytics (Level 2): Determining scope, conducting a baseline analysis, compiling findings and making recommendations to address needs
- Change Management (Level 2): Conducting change readiness and change impact analyses, preparing communication and employee engagement plans, and developing strategies to address organizational change and related change management issues
- Consulting and Advising (Level 2): Advancing initiatives and mandates through consultation with client groups, relationship building, while ensuring alignment to corporate strategies
- Organizational Analysis and Design (Level 2): Effectively applies organization design principles and job evaluation techniques in analyzing and designing/redesigning the organization structure and jobs within the organization
- Talent Management (Level 2): Supporting, developing, retaining and engaging a workforce by creating, implementing and maintaining talent management solutions (e.g., employee engagement, succession planning, learning and development, assessment, planning)
- Workforce Planning (Level 2): Analyzes the workforce to ensure the organization has suitable access to talent to ensure future business success
- Full Time
- Percentage of travel time expected: Between 20% and 25%
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.