Manager, North America Category AnalyticsChicago, Illinois Job ID 14607 Apply
Do you love storytelling with data? The Consumer Insights & Business Analytics Manager at SC Johnson offers you the opportunity to use that storytelling ability to establish yourself as a thought leader, a strategic business partner & an influential voice on significant business decisions. This role requires someone who is an effective communicator, is naturally curious, has a strong intuition on data quality and is an expert at navigating complex organizations. You will be tasked with developing new analytic insights to drive local activation while also educating the marketing commercialization organization on existing best practices and principles.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
Daily, this position:
- Enables the building of Commercial Marketing capabilities including:
- Deployment of predictive analytic capabilities to deliver increased ROIs across the P&L through improved planning, execution and measurement of Marketing activities.
- Expansion of the business acumen of the local team through the creation and support of key analytic capabilities such as business driver decomposition and forecasting.
- Collaborates cross-functionally including global & local commercialization teams to build these new capabilities at SCJ
- Develops relationships with various stakeholders including, but not limited to: Sr. Director Category Commercial Marketing, Director Commercial Customer Marketing, & Local VP's/GM's/Marketing/Finance Teams
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop category learning agendas and partner cross-functionally in research design and implementation
- Partner with cross-functional team (Marketing, Media, Finance, Sales, etc…) to develop comprehensive Marketing Measurement strategies that will enable SCJ to drive ROI
- Work with key vendors to complete Marketing Measurement studies (Marketing Mix, Single Source, Promotion analysis, eCommerce) that lead to clear recommendations that maximize efficiency and effectiveness of marketing efforts
- Effectively communicate analytical findings of the local market/category to global team and conversely integrate global learnings into local analytic projects
- Support the development of new commercialization capabilities (Consumption Forecasting, New Product Forecasting, etc) that result in improved forecast accuracy and the ability to react more rapidly to address emerging issues and take advantage of emerging tailwinds
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field and 5+ years of experience in Marketing Analytics/Insights
- Should have a working knowledge of tools & techniques in the areas of marketing mix, forecasting, pricing, assortment optimization, etc.
- Advanced Degree
- Expertise with syndicated data (Point-of-Sale & Panel)
- Excellent leadership skills, coaching and mentorship experience with Marketing function
- Ability to define root cause factors from data, experience and judgment
- Demonstrated cross-functional partnership
- High sense of urgency
- Commercial analytics experience
- < 5% travel required
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, commuter benefits, counseling services and more.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.