Manager, Sales Account Management – Scotts Miracle-GroChicago, Illinois Job ID 11390 Apply
The manager for Scotts Miracle-Gro Sales is responsible for creating the functional connection between SC Johnson (SCJ) and Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG). The manager is responsible for achieving the financial, execution, and share objectives for our collective SMG partnership that includes the SMG brands that SCJ represents and the SCJ brands that SMG is representing. This position will work with both company’s leadership to establish priorities and objectives for the SCJ sales organization as it relates to representing and distributing SMG’s business. The manager will work collaboratively with SMG’s marketing department to establish distribution priorities in classes of trade that SCJ represents. Additionally, the manager will lead communication and sell-in of organizational initiatives on behalf of SMG. Conversely this role communicates SCJ’s Pest Control priorities, new items and initiatives to SMG for representation in classes of trade that SMG represents on behalf of SCJ. The role maintains and communicates necessary business, category and item insights and details necessary to drive business growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Growth: Collaborate with Scott’s Miracle-Gro managers and cross-functional teams to deliver business objectives and unlock growth potential
- Sales Support: Support SCJ field business teams with business planning, brand interaction, and top to top meetings at key customers. (I.e. Target, Food and Value customers)
- Sales Support: Participate in sales account business planning process to develop optimized plan which will drive key objectives and maximize trade participation, acceptance and performance
- Communication: Develop selling material and point of sale materials that are consistent with Sales and Marketing objectives and gain the desired results from the trade
- Develop Strategies: Work with leadership to develop the strategic go-to-market initiatives that will drive business growth and exceed plan
- Data Integrity: Coordination of Product Item List and logistical item information connection between SCJ and SMG’s sales systems.
- Logistical Support: Coordination of Planning and Logistical Needs with cross-functional partners
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Four year college degree and 5+ years of relevant business experience (Sales Manager, Category Management, Brand Manager or Customer Marketing Manager experience)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Leadership: Drive for results with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Organizational Savvy: Ability to work cross functionally and influence without authority to move the organization forward to deliver results
- Build working relationships: Ability to develop collaborative relationships across multiple work teams (internal and external)
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Ability to manage change and operate in a context of possibility
- Exceptional computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint)
- SCJ Data Tools (PlanIT System, SAP, BW, OLAP, TCM, Nielsen, iCreateDemand, S-Mart)
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Exceptional communication skills - written, verbal, email and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and a drive for results
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Demonstrates resiliency, agility, and readily adjusts plans in the face of obstacles or new ideas
- Self-starter and acts with integrity
- Experience working in Consumer Pest Control and / or Lawn Chemical businesses
- Experience working with Food and Value Class of Trade Retailers
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request toSCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.