Manager, Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Process NavigatorChicago, Illinois Job ID 16776 Apply
The Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Process Navigator plays a critical role in driving and sustaining Global improvement in the S&OP process. The ideal candidate will be a subject matter experts in the S&OP process and will partner closely with Global, Regional, and cluster leadership teams to embed & continually improve a Globally harmonized and sustainable S&OP process, metrics and governance in each cluster.
Navigators are expected to expand their S&OP within the role to become:
- Subject matter expert of the S&OP feeder processes and their flow into the steps
- Regarded as global S&OP experts that can operate at high level of performance across different functions and geographies- leads the S&OP Navigator team in the development of global S&OP strategy and practical process/tool design including wiring to global mega processes (i.e. E2E, IGP, etc.)
- Regarded as a local trusted advisor and strategic team member that can facilitates the planning and execution of business changes in processes, mindsets & behaviors
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Governance Managers will be accountable for:
- Driving continuous improvement into the Global S&OP process and program as part of Global S&OP team by:
- Providing functional input into global S&OP process design, standard metric definition, and enabling toolset design
- Maintaining and publishing global S&OP process documentation
- Partnering with S&OP GPO and BPT to automate the delivery of standard S&OP metrics and reporting packs
- Keeping current with industry best practices and applying best practices to SCJ S&OP process, in alignment with the governance process.
- Training and coaching other S&OP Governance Managers
- Sustaining and improving Regional/Cluster S&OP process and its execution by:
- Engaging with regional and cluster leadership to align on S&OP continuous improvement plans and then leads cross-functional teams to deliver S&OP metrics and capabilities.
- Maintaining S&OP capabilities through training and coaching of cluster & regional teams.
- Assessing and scoring S&OP performance, and publishing metrics on the health of the S&OP process at cluster and regional level
- Facilitating root cause analysis of process breakdowns and continuous improvement in the S&OP process with cross-functional team
- Ensuring guidance and alignment on corrective actions for metric or process failure, inform regional and cluster management committee of action plans
- Driving the continuous improvement initiatives in the functions
- Provide highly valued strategic consulting support and guidance through key initiatives
- Develop strategic win-win partnerships with other functional support areas (Opex, GLX)
- Influence stakeholders to improve S&OP integration with other Mega Processes (IGP; NPDs; S&OE)
- Serve a lead role in articulating the vision and strategy of the S&OP team and how it can become a driver of business value
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in Engineering or Supply Chain Management)
- At least 7+ years of related experience with 3+ years in active S&OP experience (can be from variety of functions, but strong preference for Planning in specific Demand Planning)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Visible leadership, influencing, communications and relationship building.
- Managerial courage and proven leadership skills to be successful as it is their role to highlight issues and opportunities, often with individuals much higher in the organization.
- Good understanding of different functions participating in the S&OP process, ability to adjust style and arguments to functional needs/benefits
- Open mindset to receiving feedback: balancing between demand of the S&OP participants and push of the global process owners
- Strong analytical skills for facilitating problem solving and root cause analysis
- Candidates must be able to proactively communicate effectively at all levels of the organization including the Regional Senior VP level.
- Strong Preference for 3+ years Planning experience, preferably in Demand Planning
- Demonstrated influencing skills
- Navigate in a matrix organization
- Self-starter and ability to manage themselves effectively as they may be located remotely from manager and team.
- This is a full-time first shift position who will need to periodically attend off-shift virtual calls to interact with the rest of the S&OP Governance Manager team. Consistent with accountabilities, Governance Managers will be required to travel to clusters within each Region, and less frequently, to locations outside of their Region.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.