Manager, Supply Chain Business IntegrationChicago, Illinois Job ID 20297 Apply
- Drive the engagement of all Supply Chain functional leads to provide all Supply Chain Playbook deliverables per the established timeline from Ideation through Development stage
- Provide overall leadership to execute projects within assigned portfolio
- Develop/manage linkages with cross-functional and regional teams to ensure seamless execution of projects from Development to Commercialization/Launch. This includes teams located specifically for consumer brands but also functional Headquarter teams such as Global Strategy, Procurement, and 3PM.
- Ensure development of robust proxy COS, capital, startup, and other costs including completing make vs. buy analyses in all sourcing locations
- Provide global sourcing plans and Supply Chain maps to ensure an adequate global supply chain to meet marketing volume forecast and capacity plans, lead time requirements, and acknowledge all potential trade-offs
- Assemble the Supply Chain inputs to the global business Major Expenditure Authorization
- Ensure development of risk/mitigation and contingency plans with project execution teams. Effectively manage and communicate project risks with Supply Chain stakeholders.
- Lead project scoping to ensure a winning proposition is defined, delivering business objectives including cost, timing, and future growth strategy
- Ensure Supply Chain team’s adherence and continuous improvement of the New Product Development commercialization process including Stage gate approver responsibilities
- Interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation. Build an engaged team with the required functional skill sets that understands their roles and responsibilities in delivering SCJ business objectives.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- University Degree and 5-8 years of direct/relevant experience
- Military experience considered in lieu of education requirement
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Advanced Degree
- 5+ years of Product Supply or RD&E experience in CPG or a closely related industry
- 3-5 years’ experience of managing a cross functional team, section or other large technical group of significant size and complexity
- Strong understanding of Total Cost of Ownership and how trade off decisions impact delivered cost. This requires sound understanding of cost drivers in Supply Chain management.
- Sustainable track record in identifying, developing, and executing process improvement initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving skills and decision-making with stakeholder alignment
- Experience to interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation
- Understand business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in influencing others in cross-functional areas
- Possess a strong work ethic and sense of urgency, self-starter
- Highly organized, flexible, and able to quickly adapt from one situation to the next with strong analytics and attention to detail
- Proven track record in driving global, creative, innovative new product development processes that result in product and portfolio growth
- Demonstrate strong functional skills, including effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality & robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor and technical curiosity
- 25% travel (Domestic/International)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.