Project Manager - South Side Soap Box (Manufacturing Plant)Chicago, Illinois; Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 19359 Apply
Lifestyle Brands (the LSB) is a growing house of like-minded brands under the SC Johnson umbrella including Method®, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®,Babyganics® andEcover®. Headquartered in San Francisco with additional operations in Chicago and throughout Europe, the LSB is home to 650 employees. Together we act as a force for bold, transformative growth with a focus on delivering positive impact for people and the planet. If you’re into pioneering the future and doing good while doing business, come join us.
The LSB is part of SC Johnson, a family-owned company and leading manufacturer of household cleaning, home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care products, as well as professional products. Originally founded in 1886 and headquartered in Wisconsin, U.S.A., SC Johnson and the Lifestyle Brands division are at work for a better world.
This role will be known as a Project Manager among colleagues and within the Lifestyle Brands business unit. Within the broader SCJ organization, the job is graded as an Associate Manager.
Candidate selected will be required to work in office in either of the following SC Johnson locations: Chicago South Side Soap Box (our Manufacturing Plant) or Racine, WI.
Reporting to the Dir Project Management, the role will be responsible for managing end to end support, coordination, and management of supply chain/operations initiatives, cost savings initiatives, and capital expansion projects within our South Side Soap Box (Pullman) manufacturing facility to ensure on-time, on-budget, and on strategy execution. In addition, this role will be responsible for implementing process improvement initiatives and supporting other initiatives as prioritized by the business. This role is a key position that ensures all projects are effectively executed, stakeholders are kept informed, and team members are kept prioritized, focused, and on-track to meet the objectives in our busy environment in ensuring supply. This position will require working on multiple projects simultaneously.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assist in the development of project scope of work, cost estimates, schedule, work plans, and resource requirements as part of planning phases of the project life cycle
- Set project timelines and key milestone dates
- Perform project budgeting/forecasting
- Lead + facilitate project teams in execution of projects/initiatives
- Manage and track projects through our PLM + PM tool systems (timelines budgets, strategy, project documentations)
- Work with Plant Manager to manage project portfolio
- Regularly update relevant stakeholders about the progress of projects, potential risks and mitigation plans
- 5+ years project management experience, including project budgeting and proposal review, with clear understanding of technical interdependencies, supply chain knowledge
- BA or BS degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without sponsorship
- Proven experience leading and managing project teams in a highly collaborative and dynamic business environment
- Experience in operating within a high-speed manufacturing environment
- Experience in collaborating with consultants, engineers, contractors
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team with successful collaboration: be strong enough to voice dissent but flexible enough to bring the team to consensus
- PMP or other certification
- Excellent communication / presentation / collaboration / customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Stamina, character, sense of humor, proactive approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growth company
- Capability in developing and implementing business processes, including technical risk identification and mitigation/contingency planning
- Strong technical skills and understanding: Data analysis and problem-solving capabilities, familiarity with formulation and packaging test methodologies
- Outstanding IT skills: MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.