Sales Leadership Development ProgramChicago, Illinois Job ID 14382 Apply
The Sales Leadership Development Program is an entry-level, multi-year introduction to the key functions in Sales at SC Johnson. The Associate will rotate through multiple roles to build a robust Sales skillset. These rotations may take place at any of our Sales office locations in Rogers, Arkansas; Chicago, Illinois; Minneapolis, Minnesota or Cincinnati, Ohio.
This team member will play an integral role in the success of the account teams/retailers by analyzing data into actionable insights which will have a direct impact to the SCJ business. This Employee will have significant cross functional interaction with team members, marketing, customer marketing and also the opportunity to interface with the account(s) buying staff to deliver insights which will impact business results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Based on the rotation, employees will focus in Sales Analysis or Category & Shopper Leadership roles. Duties in each include:
- Cumulative reporting across the entire Division to provide a holistic perspective of key opportunities for the Sales organization through this planning period and year round
- Analyzing of point of sale, channel facts, consumer facts, and BDR/MRD related consumer research to improve base/promotional business.
- Learning to pull, analyze, and prepare data using multiple sources, including Nielsen data, Market Basket, BW, SAP, customer POS/Downstream Data
- Preparing customer information to add value to the sales call
Category & Shopper Leadership
- Providing retailer-specific solutions and recommendations based on key learnings and insights generated through analyses and research from a broad range of data sources
- Learning to mine and analyze data from sources such as syndicated scanner and panel data, retailer point-of-sale data, and space planning software
- Providing category analyses, insights and recommendations for assortment, retail pricing, and trade promotions
- Utilizing category and aisle expertise to provide shelf merchandising and item placement recommendations
- Develops plan-o-grams using space management software
- Undergraduate degree 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Sales/Business major preferred
- Prior internship experience in Sales, Marketing, or Business preferred
- Interest in a long-term career path in the Sales function
- Ability to adapt to changing work and client demands
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to develop internal and external relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required for building internal and external relationships and working on a high-performance team
- Proactive and committed to delivering results in a fast paced, demanding work environment by fostering a sense of urgency, energy, ownership, and a curiosity to search for opportunities
- Some knowledge of sales planning tool preferred
- Willingness to relocate for all program rotations and future assignments
At this time S.C. Johnson is not sponsoring foreign nationals in an immigration case to gain full-time work authorization.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.