Senior Analyst, FP&A N.A. Mtkg CommercializationChicago, Illinois Job ID 10721 Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with brand management to prepare budgets and forecasts that achieve sales, share and profit targets. Anticipate problems and develop contingency plans, including identifying risks/opportunities and recommending changes in support or strategy.
- Perform complex finance activities, including monthly and ad hoc financial statement analysis and commentary, pricing analytics, and scenario modeling. Ensure accuracy of monthly and year-end financial statements.
- Proficient in ROI analytics and trade-off analysis of marketing spend. Provide financial counsel to cross-functional teams, improving decision making and developing solutions to address business issues.
- Serve as a key business advisor to brand management, providing timely and in-depth analyses of planned and executed marketing programs.
- Manage net working capital by facilitating S&OP process with inventory and business planning teams to ensure that optimal supply and demand decisions are made. Leads S&OP Step 4 (Integrated Reconciliation) and drives SKU optimization efforts.
- Drive Delivered Profit improvement by working cross-functionally to identify and implement cost savings projects.
- Lead special projects across NA that support corporate initiatives/objectives; identify and implement best practices across NA finance; develop processes to improve efficiency or increase analytical capabilities.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- BBA Finance or Accounting.
- Experience in cost management, sales finance, exposure to marketing/strategic business issues, significant analytical projects, and fundamental accounting.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Quick adaptability to multiple computer systems.
- Proven, successful track record showing steady increase in responsibilities.
- Demonstrated analytical skillset (i.e., complex financial analysis, discounted cash flow/project valuation) and financial statement management (P&L analysis and modeling).
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and make meaningful contributions to a team. Ability to influence, lead projects and effectively collaborate to achieve objectives and produce results.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with BPC and SAP.
- Ability to implement and monitor internal controls and develop process improvements.
- Full time position based in the Chicago office.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.