Senior Analyst, Transportation OperationsChicago, Illinois Job ID 16545 Apply
The Senior Analyst, Transportation Operations has a primary focus around planning, carrier performance and driving execution through routines and rituals, supporting the Transportation Manager. Duties will consist of inbound/outbound shipment coverage, communication with carriers, sites and cross functional stakeholders. Owns specific site and carrier performance metrics and will coordinate carrier meetings and facilitate operational communication with carrier base and stakeholders as needed. This position will mainly work within Transportation Operations but will have frequent interactions with the entire end to end supply chain including Logistics, Customer Supply Chain, Planning and Finance. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in identifying operational trends and making data driven decisions to deliver against core goals for Service, Cost, Cash. Additionally, this role will be viewed as a key member to help drive day to day execution. The candidate should have experience in operational execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive daily execution with Transportation Managers regarding carrier performance issues, capacity concerns, and customer/facility service requirements
- Planning of all NA inbound and outbound freight within routing guide parameters
- Manage all communication with internal and external stakeholders
- support & execution of network productivity initiatives and participate on cross-functional project teams
- Own KPI performance and improvement strategy for our Transportation Operations teams as well as our carrier base including on time service, EDI compliance and compliance to award
- Develop and execute all operational bid activities for Intermodal, Truckload, LTL and Parcel
- Track, address and action compliance to award through daily planning and weekly routines and rituals with our carrier base
- Support and assist in creation of internal and external development of SOP's, training, KPI metrics and continuous improvement ideas.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (in related field, e.g., Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science, Economics, Business Administration - preferred)
- 2+ years Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain related work experience (internships included)
- In lieu of education, military experience will be considered with a minimum of 2+ years Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain related work experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Supply chain experience in other disciplines such as Logistics, Inventory Management, Customer Service, Supply/Demand Planning, Manufacturing or Procurement desired
- Strong analytic skills as well as proficient Software experience with Microsoft Office, SAP/BW, TMS (Kewill/BluJay), IBM/Sterling
- Knowledge of benchmarking and implementation of industry standards and best practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to organize and prioritize the issues and activities necessary to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Results oriented and able to handle time-sensitive tasks, including strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude with the ability to drive continuous improvement
- Self-starter who can drive results given ambiguity and minimal direction and oversight
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across the organization
- The ability to build business partnerships and external collaboration opportunities wherever possible
- Full Time
- Travel 10% of the time
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.