Senior Administrative SpecialistChicago, Illinois Job ID 12024 Apply
The candidate reports to the Senior Director of Category & Shopper Leadership (C&SL) within the Sales organization. The role is responsible for providing administrative support to the C&SL and Sales Operations teams, along with planning and execution of the national sales meeting, sales newsletter and monthly communication to C&SL team. This is a dynamic role, and the incumbent must be able to demonstrate high levels of discretion, communication, organization, initiative, sense of urgency, decisiveness, ability to work independently, solve problems and remaining flexible under pressure and changing priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the planning and execution of the annual North America Meeting
• Lead the Marketplace Newsletter (6 issues per year) process serving as the editor and ensuring key folks are providing the content by the deadline dates
• Manage the sales sample ordering process and serve as key sales contact for resolving any issues
• Manage monthly Center Of Excellence communication/newsletter
• Effectively work cross-functionally as well as independently
• Calendar management, roster maintenance and meeting scheduling
• Management of Senior Director’s calendar, travel plans and appointments
• Manage expense reports
• Data entry and organization of sales and marketing materials
• Project management on team communications, annual meetings and training
• Work with managers to establish priorities and following up on project due dates
• Prioritize workload effectively and resolve issues by being resourceful
• Manage departmental budget responsibilities including processing invoices and overseeing budget
• Interact with and support a diverse and dynamic internal and external team – varying roles and levels. Includes coordinating meetings that often involve multiple teams.
• Point of contact for office and building details
• Learn additional computer software programs as required
• Work outside normal business hours to accommodate peak workloads and urgent projects as the need warrants
• Demonstrate ability to manage up and across organization
• On-boarding, off-boarding, and on-call access requests on system /security issues.
• Manage annual renewals or terminations based on business requirements.
• Maintain adequate records to satisfy internal audit annual review.
• Support internal hiring and sales execution process (i.e.; hiring notifications, executing mailings, projects, reports, directories, organizational charts etc.).
• Support planning & execution of headquarter and field based Customer meetings / events, including but not limited to C&SL annual Summit and Team Leader meetings.
• Manage library of product images, imaging and sample process.
• Serve as the point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• 5+ years of administrative experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent proficiency in proofreading, grammar/punctuation, telephone support, travel management, and pulling reports
• Willingness to work overtime, as needed
• Strong project management skills
• Prior experience leading meeting preparation and planning for large groups
• 4 year college degree
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills
• High degree of initiative
• High sense of urgency
• Strong collaboration and partnership
• Strong attention to detail
• Interest in working in a team environment
• Willingness and ability to handle office manager duties
• Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.