Senior Supply Planning AnalystChicago, Illinois Job ID 16128 Apply
Accountable for delivering balanced, world class results across case fill, inventory & process metrics with demonstrated commitment to supply planning process excellence and lean/continuous improvement. Performance against objectives is reviewed via weekly routines.
Works directly with the 3PM/3PL and Technology Manufacturing to ensure delivery of production to enable the growth of the North American business and meet the forecasted demand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and ensure Supplier operational KPIs are on-track to deliver SCJ requirements
- Partner with Supplier to root cause operational issues and ensure action plans in place
- SCJ Operational POC (Point of contact) for Supplier operational issues
- Direct communication with supplier to confirm acceptance of existing PO’s and future capacity
- Drives decisions & trade-offs to optimize the supply plan and communicates to stakeholders
- Manages an efficient MPS/DRP/MRP process for assigned technology(s), within respective region
- Responsible for issuance of POs for overtime, rework charges, pre-pay of component including securing required business approval
- Responsible for ensuring base goods required to build displays are scheduled/produced on time
- Support for capital project financial analysis and coordination with supplier on requirements to support
- Drives results through adherence to core supply planning processes and policies
- Optimization of inventory and case fill, end to end
- Monthly inputs/capacity planning in support of Step 3 process over an 18 month planning horizon
- Cross functional (& external) collaboration to maximize trade-offs across production, inventory & capacity
- Master data ownership & compliance where applicable
- Manage finished goods inventory
- Escalate supply/inventory risk & identify options to drive resolution
- Proven organizational skills & ability to perform under pressure & manage priorities w/competing demands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process improvement proficiency, e.g., root cause understanding, lean methodology, etc.
- Ability to work on a high-performing team in collaborative environment
- Quantitative/qualitative analysis, including business process metrics & measures linking to business KPI’s
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- University/Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Statistics or Business Administration required and a minimum 2 years business work experience (internships included), OR military experience considered in lieu of education requirement and a minimum 2 years business work experience (internships included)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- SAP experience/knowledge (planning related module); minimum 1 year
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience in the CPG industry and/or knowledge of
- APICS certification, e.g., CSCP, CPIM, CLTD
- High level proficiency w/PC-based applications (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or Access)
- Demonstrated results working in a team-based, cross functional environment
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.