Sr. Director, Sales Account ManagementChicago, Illinois Job ID 22248 Apply
BUILD STRATEGIC CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
• Develop a deep understanding of customers’ businesses and objectives
• Develop approaches for the customers that position the business to shape and capitalize on emerging customer and market trends
• Synthesize information and translate data into useful plans that add strategic value to customers
• Penetrate accounts by developing relationships across multiple levels of the organization, including top levels
PROVIDE STRATEGY AND DIRECTION
• Stay abreast of industry trends to identify the long-term, future needs and opportunities for the business
• Identify new business opportunities that have significant revenue and profit potential
• Integrate and balance big picture concerns with day-to-day activities
• Create strategies to balance short-term requirements with long range business plans
• Pursue initiatives to capitalize on strengths and market opportunities and to counter competitive threats
CREATE EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS
• Generate innovative ideas, solutions, and opportunities after analysis of critical information that has been integrated from a variety of sources.
• Critically and logically evaluate the costs, risks and benefits of alternatives before making decisions and choosing solutions.
• Make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
• Seek to strategically align SC Johnson strategies with the account’s strategic priorities.
• Evaluate proposed investments against their projected trade-offs and benefits for S C Johnson and the customer, before making recommendations and taking action
• Understand the customers’ business models and the key drivers that impact the customers’ P&L, from the customers’ and S C Johnson’s perspective
• Accurately forecast major sources of cost, revenue and risk
• Identify ways to manage risks when making financial decisions
• Provide honest, helpful feedback to direct reports on their performance
• Help direct reports identify and prioritize their development objectives
• Provide useful and real time coaching
• Ensure that your direct reports’ development objectives are completed, tracking progress on development plans focusing on both their strengths and opportunity areas
Required Skills / Experience:
Bachelors degree and a minimum of 15+ years of relevant business experience
Preferred Skills / Experience:
Proficient and thorough knowledge of all Sales computer and financial systems.
12-15 years of account management experience with different classes of trade within the consumer-packaged goods industry
Demonstrated track record of successful penetration and profitable growth of major accounts, with experience with large format accounts such as Costco, Sam’s Club and Pharmacies
People management experience
Solid understanding of Omni and eCommerce management skills desired.
8+ years’ experience in people management role
Convey a strong sense of urgency and drive to closure
Take immediate and independent action to resolve issues or problems when they arise
Take decisive action in high-stakes situations, crises, or conditions of uncertainty
Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to constraints and adversity
Adapt appropriately to competing demands and shifting priorities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.