Supplier Quality Associate ManagerChicago, Illinois Job ID 18121 Apply
Based in Chicago and reporting to the Quality Director, the Supplier Quality Associate Manager is responsible for supporting in-house manufacturing as well as outside fillers with chemical/packaging quality, production manuals and line trials. This role will spend considerable efforts in developing and implementing program assessments to determine supplier quality risk, specification compliance reviews, and affordable risk mitigation approaches. The candidate must be a self-starter who can problem solve with minimal supervision. This role will be responsible for proactively managing supplier quality to drive down quality issues and improve delivery.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Supplier Quality Associate Manager will:
- Plan and implement quality assurance actions for new product launches, line trials, non-conformance reporting (NCRs), variances/deviations and audits
- Support supplier quality through collaboration with programs and suppliers on root cause corrective action (RCCA) and corrective and preventative action (CAPA)
- Partner with the Lifestyle Brands Quality team and other Quality teams in supporting in-house lab activities
- Serve as quality representative through the product lifecycle management (PLM) approval, routing, and communication process; ensuring design transfer, revision control, and change management
- Lead periodic supplier quality reviews and supplier quality support in cost capture and evaluation of supplier capacity
- Develop, collect, analyze, and present supplier metrics to support supplier quality and supply chain operations
- 5+ years of progressive quality experience in CPG, Pharma, OTC, Medical Device, or other ISO/FDA regulated industries
- Bachelors Degree in physical sciences or engineering
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Independent thinker, capable of assessing root cause problems and build quality programs/processes with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicator with and influence both internal + external partners
- Availability to travel up to 40-50%. Mostly planned travel but may need to support some last minute requests as well
- Sense of humor, a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!
- Proficient understanding of validation, calibration, and preventive maintenance programs
- Experienced in developing, collecting, and analyzing metrics
- Demonstrated ownership of key quality programs and processes
- Solid understanding of chemistry, quality laboratory testing, and quality management systems
- Experienced in building and sustaining audit, validation and calibration programs
- Six Sigma Certification Preferred
- ASQ/ISO Certification Preferred
- PMP Certification Preferred
LOCATION: Chicago (or open to Racine)
HOURS: full time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Quality Director
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.